shipment held available upon receipt

does not matter the shipping over here. everything gets caught.

My dad gets stuff delivered from the usa for one of the guys in his jeep club that stays in Ireland for that same reason

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Aye its great does the whole house jumps over bath mats and will do all rooms if I leave the doors open, its also good on carpets, you can check were its been on the app

I don't buy a lot from Aliexpress but I do get stuff from various Chinese websites like Gearbest, Banggood, DX etc...

I tend to look for items that are in the European warehouse as there is no import duty or VAT to pay if the point of origin in within Europe.

Also if an item has lithium batteries the airlines don't like taking them so most Chinese sellers will send them from China by ship to their European warehouse and then onto you, again with no import or vat to pay.

I think its the battery that cost me the charge

You are lucky with the customs limits (or not) in the UK. Here the limit is 22€ and it is very rare that something 'sneaks through'. As for the duty charges, they make them up as they go along, so I always try to make sure something is EU-based before ordering. I've lost a couple of things to the scamming so & so's, just not worth the money/grief.
I often wonder if Germany has some kind of agreement with China, as a lot of stuff seems to ship from there at much the same price as advertised from China.

Customs duty or excise duty should be no more than the current vat rate, what dhl do is pay the sum to the revenue in advance and then charge a bursary fee for the privilege

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back