shipment held available upon receipt

I got an item from China came to 100 dollars u.s
Got hit for 23 euro import duty and I think 25 euro bursary fee from dhl cos they can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I phoned and complained but did me no good

When is dhls last delivery as its still not here yet no change in tracking since this morning

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

I got caught like this a few years ago on my daughters prom dress from china, I phoned and ask why to which I was told they do it randomly and I was the unlucky one that day :( , looks like its your turn m8, don't think you will get away with it, they will charge you import tax.

I been caught a few times too. :(

they are sending it free mate the import tax is up to you . I've had it once . Ordered loads only been unluck the once though

is it still the case in the UK that things get checked at random, as in Ireland everything gets checked. At first i thought it was that my name and address were flagged so i used a friends name and address and the item i got sent to him still got pilled.

if its random in the UK ill get all my stuff sent there first.

When is dhls last delivery as its still not here yet no change in tracking since this morning

6pm was the latest i ever received anything from DHL.

let us know how much you get caught for, if they do make you pay customs.

Will do

Just noticed the title of the thread, "shipment held upon receipt " perhaps they want you to pay the tax before they will deliver it??

That's what's I'm thinking to but it says on tracking
scheduled delivery : today by end of day

I'm going to I called about 7.30 and went through the step but the just told me the last line of tracking info its useless for information that site

Phoned them just there and it will be delivered today they can't give me a time bit will be with me today so fingers crossed

Did you get the item in the end and did you get caught with any charges?

Aye had to pay £29 at the door and after moaning at the guy I decided to pay it, but the seller gave me £7.50 towards it and 10% off next purchase which isn't so bad

that was really nice of the seller. i have never seen that before. its not their responsbilty to have to pay import taxes i thought

was it a seller on ebay/aliEx or was it an actual shop you purchased from

Aye aliexpress mate it was a robot hoover I bought yeah the seller was great most usually are in my experience, seeing the size of the packaged item I understand why it got pulled by customs

i got caught for €80 on something that cost 165 a few weeks ago. i guess ill message the seller and see what happens.

thanks

Offt thats steep iv had over 20 packages from there and all has been fine no changes, I guess I was just unlucky this time

i got an IP camera from aliX a few weeks back just got an email from the post office. €22 import charge on it. it only cost €52. that like 40% tax. wtf!!!

im sending everything thru the UK from now on. i though they be just as bad over your side of the pond.

Iv only ever had a couple of items delivered by dhl mostly its Royal mail who normally delivers so I'll be asking for standard shipping from now on hopefully the chances of a charge will be reduced

Back