Shazzow Crew Elite.exe on my lappy :-( HELP PLEASE

qwertyasdfg

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Evening All,

Whilst I was watching an ISO on VLC i noticed it getting kinda blocky and pausing every coupla seconds, so I opened up the task manager to see what other processes were running cos as far as i was concearned, I wasn't running anything else so didn know why the ISO i was watching was slowing down.

It took forever for the task manager to open, so I deffo knew somin was up, I found once the TM was open that the CPU usage was running at 100% :-o
There were loadsa instances of the above mentioned application running, Shazzow Crew Elite.exe, in the descritpion colum it had the name Elite, when I clicked on the properties, it mentioned hijackthis and trend micro systems inc.

I checked the location of the file and found that it was residing in a hidden folder on my downloads drive, I scanned it with Kasperky and it found no issues with it, I ran it through malwarebytes also and still no issue, finally i tried to just delete it but it kept on coming back :-(

My lappy is doing loadsa strange weird things now and I'm sure its to do with this application, can anyone tell me how I can get rid of this dam app without having to re-format the whole lappy?

I have tried a google searching for a resolution but havn't managed to find any solutions :-(

Any advise on this would be great, thanks in advance for your time and help.

try booting into safe mode reboot lappy and press F8
then delete it or move it in case it is something u need

It's coming back because maybe you have not turned off system restore on your drives. It will remain in a restore point, hiden until you restore. It is also possible for it to come out of hiding from there when you delete it from the
C drive.

You could also try identifying the correct path and do a regedit and delete it. But again make sure restore is turned off. Once you have gotten rid of it just turn restore back on.

Let us know how you get on.

Back