Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Shafted on Eb@y!!

v14

Banned
just been shafted on ebay (£300) and wondered if anyone has any advice on these matters.
i bid on an auction for a laptop and consequently one the auction. The seller had what looked like a decent account with loads of transactions and 99% postive feedback.
anyway when the auction ended i got an email from the seller saying that he wasnt accepting paypal on the item and it was payment direct to his account only (yeah iknow).
to be honest i was a bit dubious but his feedback ans everything seemed ok. i left it 4 days and then payed the cash into his account at about 1 pm....by the time i got home i had an email from ebay sayin that the listing had been cancelled due to the sellers account being used by a third party.it said not to pay for the item (too feckin late).
to cut a long story short i managed to get a hold of the genuine account holders phone number and gave him a call, he told me that he had informed ebay 4 weeks ago that his account had been stolen!!!
in my view ebay are to blame for this bit theyre a total nightmare when it comes to any kind of support.
anyone got any ideas how to deal with this?

just been shafted on ebay (£300) and wondered if anyone has any advice on these matters.
i bid on an auction for a laptop and consequently one the auction. The seller had what looked like a decent account with loads of transactions and 99% postive feedback.
anyway when the auction ended i got an email from the seller saying that he wasnt accepting paypal on the item and it was payment direct to his account only (yeah iknow).
to be honest i was a bit dubious but his feedback ans everything seemed ok. i left it 4 days and then payed the cash into his account at about 1 pm....by the time i got home i had an email from ebay sayin that the listing had been cancelled due to the sellers account being used by a third party.it said not to pay for the item (too feckin late).
to cut a long story short i managed to get a hold of the genuine account holders phone number and gave him a call, he told me that he had informed ebay 4 weeks ago that his account had been stolen!!!
in my view ebay are to blame for this bit theyre a total nightmare when it comes to any kind of support.
anyone got any ideas how to deal with this?

speak to ebay and report it m8 hope you get your money back m8

as you have his bank info i would goto the police and ask your bank if there can do anything to help you

well you have the account number and his bank details first call the bank and then plod !!!!!

What a nightmare m8. Classic scam. First thing to do is to report it to ebay.
Have you contacted your bank as they should be able to trace the account holder for you. Also inform the police as it is fraud.
My daughter nearly got scammed the same way but she refused to pay into their bank account

Sorry to hear that m8, but do as above and report it, give as much info as you can, including correspondence with the original seller. Hope you get it back m8.

btw...thanks for posting this, as others which read it may benefit and not fall into that trap.

when i found out i went staight to the bank where i paid the cash in and explained what the situation was, but they told me they couldnt touch anything in his account (funny they can bump you for £25 if you go 10p overdrawn tho).
I have reported it to the police and they came round and took a staement and copies of all emails etc, but they didnt sound very interested tbh.
i think if i had paid the money to my bank and transfered it to his account i might have had a chance but unfortunately i paid it straight into his account.
thanks for the replys guys and any advice is welcome but if nothing else this will be a warning to be on your guard for this type of sh!t....tbh i feel like a right plonker lol
the thing that annoys me more than anything (appart from my own stupidity) is the fact that ebay were infromed 4 weeks prior to this that the account had been compromised yet they feel blameless in this

Last edited:
Maybe a long shot, but if you have the person's account details (inc. name and branch location) you may find the person in the telephone directory or electoral register.

Then I suppose it's possible to start a small claim with that information.

Good luck with getting your money back!

-rapido

Sorry to hear of your dilemma mate seems to be happening more and more this hijacking of

accounts, the money Fleabay makes as well. I too have had a cheque cashed and never

received the goods seems fleabay coulndt do any thing in my case either, tossers. You think

you are doing your homework checking ratings and previous sales, feedback etc etc, but

they are not doing their side.

Maybe a long shot, but if you have the person's account details (inc. name and branch location) you may find the person in the telephone directory or electoral register.

Then I suppose it's possible to start a small claim with that information.

Good luck with getting your money back!

-rapido

tried m8...cant find anything on the bastard his details are

Bank: Barclays
Name: K. Pirnpuu
Sort Code:
Account Number:
sort code resolves to barclays bank portman square leicester

i know im never gonna get that money back but id love to find the scumbag and give him the thanks he deserves.

Please don't post other peep's bank details on here.

Last edited by a moderator:
my brother works at Barclays bank, can access any account as long as hes got sort code and number...ill show him this.

Barclays Bank
Portman Square Group
9 Portman Square
London
W1A 3AL

Pirnpuu is a common Estonian surname.

LE87 2BB postcode is the Barclays sorting centre based in Leicester. (i think)

Last edited:
Back