Set My Location Not Working

Zoom7000

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've just flashed Sportster 1.10 RC008 and can't seem to get the Set My Location to work. I've got to the menu and chosen my location. However, on previous images after setting the location it would reboot the box, however, it isn't doing anything and when I try to scan, it is looking through all 188 transponders instead of the 28 I normally get.

So, is there any way I can get this to work?

If the box didn't reboot, reboot it manually after choosing your location.

Make sure you have Fast Scan and Sections Scan set to ON.

I've tried the manual reboot. It still doesn't save. I have set Fast Scan to ON. But there is no sections scan option. Where can I find that?

I haven't got that image on a box so can't say what exactly is there but if it has a set my location option, it should have a fast scan option and a sections scan or background scan option.

If settings aren't saving, it's usually a sign of a bad flash. Try reflashing the image again.

Well, prior to this image I was using Sportster 1.10 RC006 by Learntofly. This one is junkiepilot's update. It has an option in the Blue Menu for "Location Scanning" the same as the update. Only it worked fine in the last one, however, there was never a section scan or a background scan option in either images.

Is there somewhere I can download and install the plugin myself? The one in the downloads is for older images and is not the same type as already in this image.

The Sportster images are from Germany and modified for UK cable.

Why don't you try an image that's been created specifically for the UK?

Hehe, I like the Sportster images! Oh well, back to RC006 for now! Thanks for your help anyway!

Back