DVB - PC Cards seriously how hard is it,cos im getting noware

And 2 days ago, you wanted to give up./....... LOL

vplug stopped working on encrypted channels for me, need to look at new keys. Bummer

if anyone wants the new key for TW, just pm me as i'm not sure if i'm allowed to post it

I can put up a working fenrir and yankse guide if someone could give me rights to post links.

I think you need to be "donated" status, PM me and I'll stick 'em up.

I can PM you either don't seem to have permissions for anything in this forum.

There's nothing to stop you posting a text only version of a link -

live links are mostly discouraged - especially to similar type forums.

You cant pm or post to certain areas etc until you get 20 decent posts.

I could do with that
go fplug to work but never got that one working

Hi guys i have been struglgling with this for ages using a TT1500 (with antenna output) so ordered a twinhan cable card which arrived yesterday. Model 20310
PC found new hardware and loaded up the drivers from the disk DTV audio n DTV video ver 2.4.1.0

went to mytheatre (which the tt1500 had found all the channels on and vplug worked just the image was jittering stopping and starting)

first it came up with autograph error as uninstalled the tt stuff, so changed the settings to use the nvidia pure video (which wilin suggested and is very good) and then when i selected a channel it just was blank. went onto a crypted channel which worked using the tt card vplug wasnt showing anything just blank boxes

rescanned the transponders that were already there base frequency 666750 at 8k steps from 306750, 69520,64QAM all the other settings left to auto.

during scan the frequencies i knew there was channels on it said getting info and then came up with nothing found and moved on to the next frequency.

so then i loaded up the twinhan software using same settings, it scanned ok but gets stuck on 466750 every time, and when i click stop it comes out of tunning ok, selected itv that was ok clicked on ch4 no image went back to itv no image.

i did it with no attenuator sig strength at 80% then tried again with 9db atten sig strength 60%

i know violentj was getting something similar and sorted it also chalieram mentioned he got it going with dvbdream and mytheatre maybe you could shed some light ons ettings etc thanks

i am in what i think is the exC*W area 5D01

any help appreciated

Last edited:
Hi, The twinhan 2031 has worked with almost all the software I have tried, That base frequency you are using, Is it from that link you posted the other day? because i checked that and it says my base frequency is also 666750 but all my working frequencies are 250 higher so 666750 is actually 667000, also 69520 should be 6952000 in mytheatre. one question for you, what make is your card because looking on twinhan site driver version is only upto 1.2.3.8

Hi, The twinhan 2031 has worked with almost all the software I have tried, That base frequency you are using, Is it from that link you posted the other day? because i checked that and it says my base frequency is also 666750 but all my working frequencies are 250 higher so 666750 is actually 667000, also 69520 should be 6952000 in mytheatre. one question for you, what make is your card because looking on twinhan site driver version is only upto 1.2.3.8

Hi and thankyou for your reply,

it def is a twinhan 20310 ( i checked the box label) the driver version i got from my device manager(it was like 2am maybe i read it wrong?? will check again sorry if it is)
but as you say i went looking for a uptodate driver and the one your saying is what i found so maybe i should try that aswell, i.e uninstall the one i have and replace with 1.2.3.8 as that maybe a stable one

when you say what make it is, do you think it is not a twinhan? i purchsed it from HiSat and the carton etc looks exactly as it was in the advert

so are your working frequencies in mytheatre all +250, so i will increment each one by 250, that may well be it as that also may clear up why the tt was struggling, ie pictur stopping starting and sig strength fluctuating so much

i think i may have done a typo i am pretty sure the symbol rate is set too 6952000, as itried 6887000 when i had my tt1500 in scanned it and it returned no signal, returned it 6952000 picked the channels up again

also are those the 2 settings to adjust in mytheatre frequency s/rate and the rest you can leave as auto?

thanks mate

Last edited:
I think there are different versions (maybe like nvidia GFX) azurewave and similar, check out my screen grab for my settings

AHH i see what you mean, i will check tonight, which is yours?

thanks alot for your screen grab mate, but it says N*L n i think im in the C*W area n i cud be wrong (probably am my heads spinning from this n my new rugrat who is teething n my wife giving me THE look every time i sit infront of the computer coz she knws im just messing about LOL)

would that make a diffrence? but am def gonna try redoing my transponders

thanks again most helpfull

regards

mudd

My box is the same, i think i must have read the driver wrong will wash my eyes out n check it tonight, change my driver to the one on the website (is this the BDA driver or do i need some other driver aswell) and also the frequency, and maybe the bw/pol

i hope this cures it if so i bet my tt1500c will prob work

Thanks m8

Last edited:
Thank you guys! especially Willin and Charlieram, got mytheatre up and running

just needed the driver from twinhan site, by the way the driver ver was 2.4.1, made in 2004!

the up to date one 1.2.3.8 is 2006

but dvbdream just says no signal, thought i would try that as it seems a nicer looking program with the options, also mytheatre kinda konks out after a hour or so

ps i left the frequencies at 666750, as 667000 found 32 channels just as 666750 same strength n quality
6952000 n 64QAM rest left to auto
regards

Mudd

If you prefer DVBDream try it again because it works with my card ok, I can send you my transponder ini but you may have to drop the 250 again but there are others to choose from, DVBViewer is very good even if the developers are a bit arrogent in my opinion (Try suggesting an improvement!!), ALTDVB works well, ProgDVB is ok and GBPVR can be good if you can get it to tune all channels ,Which i can't so if you could give it a try I would be grateful ;-)

To be honest i think i prefer mytheatre as it is very simple (just like me) but it crashes after a while, lastnight i thought i would leave it running to see if it would run ok, woke up this morning to find the computer stuck in a loop getting upto the poin where it says startin windows below your bios info, and just reseting!

gonna have to reload the bloody fing now

so may have to use dvbdream after all as i dont care to much what it looks like just want it to be stable!

could be my machine its only a P4 2.4g 533FSB, when running mytheater normal channels run at 45-50% cpu usage n the BBC HD solid 100% n blocky i.e. stopping n stuff

the box of the twinhan card says standard channels p3 600 required and hd channels p4 2G (i dont think so LOL)

so maybe it crashed coz of that

i am using mytheatre 3.38 with a ha*k which replaces the mytheatre.exe file

yeah no probs will get up n running again n try that program for you (to be honest if you couldnt get it going
i doubt i will)

do you use dvbviewer? i have 2 versions but they just exit after a while ?

ps i left my transponders at the base frequency of 666750, i only tried the one frequency at 667000 it found the same channels (32) clicked on them same strength n same quality.

best regards

Mudd

Back