Help for beginner?

friendzi

DW Regular +
Reaction score
Ok guys this is my first post just hope its in the right section etc...

Im looking for abit of guidence with my reciever setup etc..
Ive not just come straight on here begging for help as ive looked around the net on different forums but with the amount of different setups etc i find im getting confused with what i need to get my dish pointed at the best satelite to recieve premier league footy.

At the moment my setup consists of a technomate 1500 ci super connected to a sky digital minidish (not the greatest i know). Its not the initial install im needing help with its getting my head round the patches softkeys and ccams and setting them up. Do i need to buy a card to allow me to recieve further free channels? or will my reciever scan channels for free?

In the near future i will definatly be getting a motorised dish installed to flick between satelites.

Hope some of pro's out the can help me out with a beginners guide or best setup types, satelites etc as i am keen to learn alot about this stuff.

Thanks in advance

Friendzi

Well, in all fairness, that's possibly the worst setup possible.
1) You'll need a motor unless you love ladders.
2) To paraphrase Roy Scheider, 'you're going to need a bigger dish'. Dependent on your location, a mini-dish is probably only good for 28.2e, i.e. Sky. That means you've basically got Freesat without some of the better channels.
3) The TM1500 is nearing the end of its life. The most recent patches and softcams only open a few channels. You can get some footy on Bulsat, but you'll need to address points 1 and 2 first. There is the possibility of Newcamd and CCcam through HDVB and WSP but its not easy - I've had the TM for years and I can't get it up and running, as per my post two doors down!

Back