DVB - PC Cards seriously how hard is it,cos im getting noware

i-zombie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok guys,ive had a butchers about here and am getting noware fast-

ive recently purchases a twinham dtv-c card and ive been going for hour here trying to get somethin,anything but nothing,the card is installed properly afaik

ive tried my theater,mce2005 plugin thingy-media portal the software that comes with

ive tried scanning-but get told no signal(it doesnt help i dont know the frequencies for leeds)

so im writing this in the hope somebody can tell me exactally what i want to be using to get up and running here

im on xp wmce2005-pc is plenty powerful enuff-card installed fine-im in leeds

what program is the best to use for a idiot like me,ive got the vplugin installed into the my theater folder

honestly im at a loss ive even looked thru ixalons guide but again its frequencies help me please

hang on,getting sumware now-in the software that came with im getting free channels,where to from here???

presuming you dont have hardware cam, you will need a softcam

one im using is fenrir/yankse

fenrir gets the keys for the encryption and yankse decrypts it, if im not misunderstood

i've just learned myself, first i got progdvb up and running, took me a while too, all the files are actually on this forum, just gotta search hard, i have a tt 1500, but if u need help pm and i'll try give u some pointers as ive just started myself

I'm in the same boat as Jip, so the same from me. If you need specific helpl, just let us know and we'll try to sort you out one way or another.
I use mytheatre as progdvb keeps crashing as i get a memory leak on mine and after an hour or so, get rather laggy.
What area are you in and do you have the right frequencies for your area?

my main problem seems to be most of the software doesnt detect my card,my theater does and the twinham thing does but nothing else does,my theater tells me theres no signal,yet the twinham soft picks up freeview??

Have you tried to see if ProgDVB works with your card?

Thats what I used with my cards with fenrir/yankse.

Which Twinhan card do you have?

progdvb tells me i need to install the drivers first??? not sure if im using the right version or not tho,its the 20310 ,thats the only referance to a model i can see

i know i had a problem where, my card was showing in device manager as "technotrend 1500 capture" but in progdvb is said something like "failed to start"

turned out I had to redetect new hardward and aswell as having the technotrend 1500 capture it also had "technotrend 1500 tuner" as a seperate peice of hardware, dunno if its the same for yours

thanks for the input but no go,lol i spent a bit more on this card than the technotrends(i could have got one of them for peanuts)thinkig it would be better/easier how wrong could i have been

Some of the Twinham cards seem to do things a bit of an odd way when using the BDA drivers which mean that many programs that use a generic BDA interface fail to get any status information. Strangely enough, the card tunes and works ok just no status so most programs fail to scan because they haven't detected a signal lock.

You need to find a program that has twinham BDA compatability (ie special code that supports their proprietory BDA extensions). Something like WatchTVPro may work (supposed to support the TH VisionDTV range)

cheers nozzer ill have a look-ok which driver am i installing the one that came with or a downloaded bda one-just grabbed watch tvpro but still no detection

rite ive installed the watchtvpro demo-its detected the newly installed bda drivers,just doin a scan now-can i add a softcam to this programme

Last edited:
I have the 2031 card and I can get it to work perfectly with :-

dvbdream
mytheatre
altdvb
dvbviewer

it also works with but not so stable :-

mediaportal
progdvb
gbpvr

their may be others i have forgot (using driver v1.2.3.8 i think) the only issue with this card it cam compatibility. make sure you have edited your transponder file correctly for your area and for each program, the layout vary slightly between programs. there is a brute force ini file around here somewhere so you can use that to get all the transponder frequencies and just use a template from each programs transponder folder

ive sorta got it working in media portal,mytheater just shows no signal

what softcam can i use and where do i find,i do have the v thingy one

Fenrir/yankse works with AU, make sure you have the correct symbol rate for your area or you wont find anything and also use the BDA drivers

do you know what format im to put in the frequencys with my theater

my syymb rate is 695200 ive got the ini from media portal ive edited for this area-but as u say its not very stable

**** it any1 wanna swap a dvb-c card for a cbl box this is pointless,im getting noware at all

dont give up so easily!

if dvbviewer is compatible with your card, get it. Its a good, stable peice of software. The files that dvbviewer needs to scan 6952 are on this board, and you need softcsa to get fenrir/yankse working in it.

lol ive tried allsorts of programmes with it,the media portal is the only thing that semi works,but i cant add a cam to it and it wont let me change channels

added pic rather than list all the ones ive tried

dvb viewer doesnt even detect my card(after reading it appears the demos no good for me anyway)

ok my theater
tells me theres no signal,ive got the bruteforce file(im in leeds 6952 area)but this tells me no signal after a scan

does this look right

Last edited:
woohoo got my theater showing all freeview and listing scrambled,but at least im getting someware now-thanks to everybodys input,just need to find and install a soft cam now

ritey ho thanks to all im now there reciving allwith my card all you imput has been appreciated

Last edited:
Back