4.2e wii sat night gonna mod my wii

wenglishboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Right here goes im on 4.2e and i did have wiikey installed. I think now ive updated via net to latest version that my wiikey is now non existent....???

however i can still play my backups????? very confused

I have now bought an sd card so i can install homebrew and if it dosnt take too long (before xfactor starts) i want to set up my harddisk for playin backups 2.

can anyone tell me where i begin.

homebrew, brickblocker, usb loaders etc... i have no idea... thanks to sonic for recommending some files but i dont have faith that ive passed the right info to him for him to recommend this file....

what do i do first pls its saturday night and i wouldnt mind rushing into it and getting it done so i can sort kids out and then have a few tins. but in my experiece whilst using this site if you rush in you only end up making the problem worse... pls be quick with responses as my fingers are itching to get going and im struggling to hold myself back.

thanks again all for letting me join this wonderfull family errr i mean community ;)

Last edited:
NICE ONE MATE got 2 step 25 tried uninstallin ios249.wad but got message delete tickets...error (ret = -1017 ....this message came up 3 times in a list... in the step by step it mentions wadmanager 1.5 but im on wad manager 1.4 ... can anyone explain what to do next do i just skip a few or do i have to get this right before i move on????

thanks again 4 all your help in getting me this far respect to bennyben too

ITS OK SORTED I KNOW WHAT I DID moving on to next step...

im at this step now but.....
33)ok at the next screen choose do not reload ios go all the way to the left to find this
34)then choose disable
35)now choose network install

33 goes ok but i dont see option to disable anywhere and when i choose network install i get error -116. i think it might be because i disabled all my online settings but not sure can anyone confirm or deny this pls im not moving on until i sorted

thanks again all 4 putting up with my constant annoyance...

Last edited:
Sounds like your stuck on this part

PART B: The extermination of the evil stub ios249

Ok, so N did this update and thos ppl knew that we use ios249 to isntall our cios and place our backups. What did they do? they invented an empty ios ("stub") and place it in slot 249, to stop us. Like they will! Muhahahaha. Here is what we do about it. We will uninstall ios249 stub, and then isntall our own cios38rev14 in slot 249:

B1) GET THIS PACK(Thanks to Dogeggs, he sure made the trick... this will probably work for anyone) or GET THIS PACK 2 or GET THIS PACK 3 (pick start with the first one, if you get an error pick the next one and follow instructions from B2 and on again. One of this will do the trick without an error. If still nothing, try this)

have a read back on Full hacking guide for 4.2 system menus!!!!

and try the different packs

looks like the beers will have to wait...lol... anyhow chin up i suppose i never wanted it handed 2 me on a silver plater anyhow....i wanted to read and learn and it looks like i got what i expected lol thanks again tony.... i will read further...

looks like the beers will have to wait...lol... anyhow chin up i suppose i never wanted it handed 2 me on a silver plater anyhow....i wanted to read and learn and it looks like i got what i expected lol thanks again tony.... i will read further...

took me 3 attempts, there is alot to read through but will be worth it in the end

read read and read some more dloaded all 3 stub files tried and got nowt. so i thought ferk it ill set my network up reinstalled 2nd file from benny's tut back 2 my sdisk and updated homebrew channel... now i might go over it all again tomoz but i was wondering if you guys could explain why im trying to uninst that ios249 and wether it matters cause all i want to do is play files from my harddisk...???? ive lost the plot with this... try with fresh head in morn...any help would be good...also is it to late for me to bak up my namd now that i have homebrew channel installed?? im at the point where im getting friction burns on my fingers from swapping sdisk to much and to quick...beer is needded...nite all thanks tony

I had a simlar problem at that point and started from scratch, it turned out that the first pack worked for me after going through all of them

well its nearly been a week...i finally got past the last steps only to get stuck on the followin steps 61)start wad manager 1.5
62)select IOS249
63)if asked here select disable
64)choose wii sd slot
65)hilight neo gamma r7.wad and install it
66)hilight usb loader and install it
67)when done click home button on wiimote

first of all im still on wad ma 1.4 not 1.5 can anyone help....also i tried to inst. neo gamma and usb loader and got errors
saying 2011 or something like that when i try to inst the last 2 apps.

another annoying thing that keeps happening is when i click to update hmbrew chan i dload all the stuff etc and installs then reboots and asks me 2 update which i did but after 5 times i got pissed off relising i was in some sort of loop

pls can anyone advise thank you all so much

get the 4.2e hack i have put on rapidshare in "usb loader on d2pro" post 8

its simpler to do even i managed it

edogg

CHEERS DOG i think i got the right file...much respect... cant wait for kids to go to bed so i can try..

get the 4.2e hack i have put on rapidshare in "usb loader on d2pro" post 8

its simpler to do even i managed it

edogg

Its reached its limit mate as I was gonna grab it as well, any ideas ?

Cheers

i got your file was wondering what to do to start from scratch got my self in a right tizzle on this one for shizzle dog.. tried the 1st sd but when i pressed sd card on wii it didnt come up with that load boot.dol/elf message just came up with sd card channel??? i might just give bloke down road a fiver to do it so i can concentrate on crimbo lol... wats pissin me off is i know im only a midges dick away from havin it sorted but just cant grasp it....i wont give up but might leave it till after crimbo..cheers for all your guys help and have a good one

check that when unrared it is seperate files on the sd card not a folder this is what held me up when you have unrared each part in order. do the above check for each part it should only take 10mins

edogg

Back