Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Other Sending info online 'anonymously'

OK never used em.
Seems like its not worth all the effort unless trying to hide something really bad.
Have to be something really important tow aste all this time and effort.

If its a document can you not encrypt it with software? Winrar can do it?

I would look at locking down the info being sent instead of trying to stay anonymous.

I don't understand how that would help me, dar1437!? I understand the changing sim in phone bit, but not the need for a dongle.

The sim will be for the dongle (not phone)
The dongle MAC and the topup voucher to credit the dongle sim, will leave no trace to you. :)

The sim will be for the dongle (not phone)
The dongle MAC and the topup voucher to credit the dongle sim, will leave no trace to you. :)

That sounds excellent. But above my pay-grade I think.
I didn't even know sim cards went in dongles?! Doh!

Def cloak and dagger spy stuff lol

Not really, mate.
I just need/want to report some info and it has to be done on an authority's website in one of those online forms. Now, I'm 99% sure the authority in question will record IPs of visitors who submit a 'report form', and I'd really like to avoid potential blow-back, hence looking for a way to do it anonymously.
Obvious way, I suppose, is simply to use a different IP source, ie wifi hotspot. But then there's the issue of MAC numbers and still using one's own laptop etc. I doubt the authority would invest a great deal of time in trying to find senders, but for sure they will log the IP of the source of the info.

The recipient gets the MAC of the router not your laptop? As I said earlier, MAC addresses are confined to local services so they get held at the wifi end by ARP, DHCP and NAT. In any case you could probably change your MAC in Device Manager (Windows).

used to use a program called smac long time ago when messing with cable modems
was really easy to use just pick device and apply new mac

The recipient gets the MAC of the router not your laptop? As I said earlier, MAC addresses are confined to local services so they get held at the wifi end by ARP, DHCP and NAT. In any case you could probably change your MAC in Device Manager (Windows).

I'm pretty certain you can't change the MAC in device manager.

Can you set the MAC in a VM?

Whole VM can then be deleted.

Not sure on the details of this thread in case I've got it wrong.

Well here is my 10 pence worth.

If you want to be truly anonymous then for a starter you don't want to be browsing at home. Lets consider a simple fact that you are sending anonymous sensitive information across the internet.

For starters you need to look at your Operating System. Windows is inherently insecure and always sends loads of lovelly information to the gateway servers etc. So A hardened linux solution is preferable. Have a google session and see whats out there.

Secondly, if you are connecting to a public wifi hot spot then you need to look at several things.

1 Can my traffic be intercepted.
2 Is there CCTV
3 what logs does the local router keep and do they flush the arp table regularly etc.

traffic on wireless hotspots can usually be intercepted by another user on the same network (and or subnet if they can put the gateway cards into promiscuous mode). it is a security hold in NAT. So therefor you need an encrypted tunnel.

What i would suggest is signing up to a paid (bitcoin) anonymous vpn service. The one run by the piratebay is usually pretty good and on top of that use tor. What this does is connect through the anonymous vpn and then bounce your traffic all over the world.

As far as mac address spoofing goes then yes it is a good idea. have a look. If you are using a distro such as backtrack etc then it is usually pretty easy. dont forget you need to get the supporting hardware.

OK lets talk about cctv if you really dont want to be seen. Go into mcdonalds or somewhere there is a hotspot and get the relevant infomartion. pay cash. Who says you cant browse from your car using a range extender. If you get a wireless card with a mmcx connector then you are sorted. I suggest you google bi-quad element. I personally have browsed a line of site network from 5 miles away using a high powered wireless card and a biquad.

Finally if you are sending email then certainly look at pgp.

Silentfire

Back