Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Semi Noobie Help Needed pls

Otter

Inactive User
Hi all, I would like some help if anyone would be kind enough,

I have a DM500 and this weekend I decided to give it whirl and set it up.
I have imaged the box with the excellent new Commando 15 and can receive all FTA channels this image is seriously brilliant it needs very little setup with auto bouquets and EPG etc..
My problem arises when I tried to install CCcam, I think I have placed the cam in the correct folder and named it correctly and also placed the CCcam.cfg in the correct folder and used a test cline from a server.

In the menu I can see that the CCcam 2.2.1 is being used but when I check the status it reports a FTA profile is loaded??? (I am not sure what that should say)

Anyway I cannot get any sub channels I just says channel not available
so far I have
checked the internet connection
unplugged any other receivers from my quad LNB which I can only hope is pointing at 28.2
re checked the cline I was given is correctly formatted etc

Can anyone please boot me In right direction please?

Re: install cccam commando 14.3 image
It needs to be in the /var/bin/emu folder and must be named CCcam

and your config file CCcam.cfg lives in the /var/etc folder

Cheers- AL
001_smile.gif

Thank you Ferret, am I missing something obvious? im sure I have it Exactly as above. I have just downloaded CCcam- 2.3.0
this has the many files but I presume I only need the CCcam.ppc (renamed to CCcam) and the CCcam.cfg with Cline in it?

Will try this this eve if correct ta for your patients and help.

Are you able to start the cam ?

Yes I have just popped home stuck CCcam 2.3.0 on it, copied both files over renamed and enter my cline in again (cline checked ok on Testious.com)

Im clearly missing something
Thanks for your help so far
20140217_130627.jpg 20140217_130639.jpg 20140217_130336.jpg 20140217_130802.jpg
20140217_131416.jpg 20140217_131443.jpg Oh and just a funny one of my mates car at the weekend lol
Screenshot_2014-02-15-15-39-07.png

Last edited:
Yes I have just popped home stuck CCcam 2.3.0 on it, copied both files over renamed and enter my cline in again (cline checked ok on Testious.com)

I cant upload the screen shots as im a not allowed yet but CCcam version is 2.3.0 and the CCcam is on

Im clearly missing something
Thanks for your help so far
View attachment 79114

Can you test the line on another box ?

Can you login to the CCcam web info and see what it states there.

If you have used the wrong ediotr say just the normal Notepad you can corrupt the file anbd it wont work.

Maybe try using a new cfg and use notepad ++ to edit it.

Thanks Ferret,
I do not have another box unfortunately :(
the Cline is only a test one, where do I login to the CCcam web info?
and yes I did just use a standard notepad I will try notepad ++ tonight
I am right in saying the attributes do not matter with this image ( commando seems to have changed them itself)

Thanks Ferret,
I do not have another box unfortunately :(
the Cline is only a test one, where do I login to the CCcam web info?
and yes I did just use a standard notepad I will try notepad ++ tonight
I am right in saying the attributes do not matter with this image ( commando seems to have changed them itself)

http://boxIP:16001

CCcam is active so attributes must be correct although 777 wont hurt on the ppc file and 644 is all you need on the config. The CCcam.ppc file should be just named CCcam

I think the line is down.

http://boxIP:16001

CCcam is active so attributes must be correct although 777 wont hurt on the ppc file and 644 is all you need on the config.

I think the line is down.

Oh ok unfortunately I'm stuck at work now and don't know the box's external IP ill check when I get home.
Is (channel not available) a normal cam error?
Cheers

Oh ok unfortunately I'm stuck at work now and don't know the box's external IP ill check when I get home.
Is (channel not available) a normal cam error?
Cheers

No sounds like a receiver message maybe telling you channel is not on air or no signal.

No sounds like a receiver message maybe telling you channel is not on air or no signal.

Well that may make sense, I installed the dish myself :) it works fine for FTA channels but the signal for Sub channels is not very nice when you go into technical details.
Ill have to organise another test line and give the box to someone with a proven sky dish.

if you are seeing channel unavailable message with this image, it means either poor signal or wrong settings for the channel.

what are your signal and SNR levels?

you should also check your network is ok

press: blue>blue>yellow>blue>green.
this take you into "test network" option, check that everything is reachable.

if not, try pressing "restart network" option first.. :)

if you are seeing channel unavailable message with this image, it means either poor signal or wrong settings for the channel.

what are your signal and SNR levels?

you should also check your network is ok

press: blue>blue>yellow>blue>green.
this take you into "test network" option, check that everything is reachable.

if not, try pressing "restart network" option first.. :)

Thanks buzzer the network settings are good reaches everything this is a pic of my levels do you think this could be the issue?

20140217_174107[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
the removed images show that your sealion is healthy lol.

SNR or signal to noise ratio looks low.

my levels are:

Signal 97% SNR 91%

So sorry Buzzer I thought I had left enough info out of the pics but clearly not.
Ive kicked my on ass and wont do it again.

Another thing I noticed last night was that GetEpg does not work any ideas what im doing wrong anyone???

Last edited:
Back