searching for channel problems

shotter

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi peeps,

Just got my 1.1 motorised triax dish setup.

The problem im getting is that i cant find many channels after searching.

The main satellites channels that i want to find are:

Badr 26.0E
Eurobird/Astra2A 28.2E
Arabsat2B 30.5E

After doing a automatic scan i get the following....All known transponders have been tried, but no lock was possible. Verify antenna-/cable setup or try another satellite/network

any solution to this problem????

the fella who did the installation was on the dish for a good while so i want to give it a good shot at getting the channels working before calling him up

im trying to do a manual scan but cant work out how to do it...has any peeps done a manual scan to get the channels on 28.0e working???

if yoiure not finding any channels on 28.2E with a 1.1M dish, then something somewhere is deffo not right m8

what reciever u got mate some tm can fine tune with blue button

what reciever u got mate some tm can fine tune with blue button

I have a TM600 that im using

I phoned the installer and he said that it is my box, basically he has told me that if i was to use a tm5300 or tm5600 i wont have any problems....I think he is trying it on with me

I did a factory reset on the box and scanned on thor 1.0w....i managed to find around 6 channels but no Digitv

When scanned on Astra 28.2E nothing found :mad:

I have a TM600 that im using

I phoned the installer and he said that it is my box, basically he has told me that if i was to use a tm5300 or tm5600 i wont have any problems....I think he is trying it on with me

I did a factory reset on the box and scanned on thor 1.0w....i managed to find around 6 channels but no Digitv

When scanned on Astra 28.2E nothing found :mad:

if it works with a tm5000usb series (or any other receiver for that matter) then itll work with a linux receiver

ask him to come and setup a TM5000 to verify his claims

speaking as a professional (i can hear you all laughing lol) motorised installer, i dont often setup linux receivers for people due to how complex they are, but once the dish is setup, its just a matter of putting in the USALS details, and its done, check 42E, 16E, 1W, 12.5W and 30W (on FTA channels) then hand it over to the customer

did he check any satellite signals in the house, with any form of receiver m8?

once he installed the dish he hooked up my tm600 and tried searching for channels

a few channels were found on a few satellites, but there was no Astra2 28.2E...he kept going on about the box is no good and told me to get a tm5300 or tm5600

i have borrowed a tm-7755 2va 2ci receiver off a friend....would this receiver work on my 1.1 dish?????

any receiver will work m8, if the dish is installed properly

any receiver will work m8, if the dish is installed properly

i connected my mates tm-7755 to the satellite feed and it worked

it picked up around 7 to 8 satellites on east and 2 on west

i dont understand why nothing is found on my tm-600

because channels are found and working on the tm-7755 receiver this must mean that the dish is fitted and installed correctly

dont know what to do now with my tm-600

Have you checked lat and longitude settings in tm600 is using usals?

I know when i setup mine after doing a factory reset i got them wrong and wouldn't pick up a thing.

Shaun

Have you checked lat and longitude settings in tm600 is using usals?

I know when i setup mine after doing a factory reset i got them wrong and wouldn't pick up a thing.

Shaun

not sure how to do that???

im based in birmingham....did a google search and came up with the following for b'ham:

latitude - 52.51072
logtitude - 1.94929

shouls i input the above into the settings????

na m8 you deduct them from a 100 are something and enter the remainder Ive read a post somewhere on here cant find it now though

not sure how to do that???

Im based in birmingham....did a google search and came up with the following for b'ham:

Latitude - 52.51072
logtitude - 1.94929

shouls i input the above into the settings????

51.511n
01.949w

Back