SD5000 Spidey Problem

Kommander

Inactive User
Reaction score
It wont unscramble my official card?
I'm on 28.2e and I have put my official card in, I go to a scrambled channel and it remains scrambled.
Am I supposed to do something other than just putting the card in?
I didn't have to on the 9000HD as far as I can remember.

I know hardly anyone has these SD boxes but can anyone help?

i am not 100% sure if it will read that card i know you can not share via the 5000sd only the 7000 and 9000 have got share capabilities.
has it got the same menu lay out as the 9000 as on the 9000 the accesorie menu shows network etc and if card is being read shows there say nds you press that then go into menu to enter boxkey via red i think
as i have not got 5000 can not say if it reads or not but know it can not share

i am not 100% sure if it will read that card i know you can not share via the 5000sd only the 7000 and 9000 have got share capabilities.
has it got the same menu lay out as the 9000 as on the 9000 the accesorie menu shows network etc and if card is being read shows there say nds you press that then go into menu to enter boxkey via red i think
as i have not got 5000 can not say if it reads or not but know it can not share

UPDATE
Hi Halfman,
It does share, I have it sharing now but I need to enter a boxkey I think because its only clearing certain channels no movie channels or BO
Only shares on internal network though.

Last edited:
you may have to go back to patch 2.15 to get in to decode nds as on newer patches it wont on newcamd..it shows up but wont decode..try patch 2.15 and let us know..as that is what i had to do.hope this helps.

dOOds

you may have to go back to patch 2.15 to get in to decode nds as on newer patches it wont on newcamd..it shows up but wont decode..try patch 2.15 and let us know..as that is what i had to do.hope this helps.

dOOds

I'll give it a go the hardest thing will be finding the patch I bet.

Is it the same with the HD9000 as even in that box you dont get all my movie channels

The 9000 reads a card perfectly on latest patch. You still need to enter the bk though.

The HD boxes decode it fine,its just the SD version.Patch 2.15 is available.just google it but it's not available on another well known site..lol

Guys
My 9000HD with latest Boxer26 patch from around Feb is NOT clearing all the channels (No Movies)
Does it make a diffeence if i'm using the MRoom card?

I'm gonna try that 2.15 patch on th 5000 later. thx Manic

Cant see why that would make any difference assuming they both have the full packages - sounds like a boxkey issue. Check this is defo correct.

I read somewhere that once you enter the BK on the 9000HD the option to enter the BK should disappear.
On mine it doesnt, I can enter it again and again and again...

Can I confirm i'm doing the BK right.
Enter SN of box into wincalc in either programmers or scientific mode depending upon win version. it will drop the first 0 automaticly if SN starts with 0.
Next select the hex button on wincalc, the number that then comes up is your BK
Is that correct or am I missing a bit?

I read somewhere that once you enter the BK on the 9000HD the option to enter the BK should disappear.
On mine it doesnt, I can enter it again and again and again...

Can I confirm i'm doing the BK right.
Enter SN of box into wincalc in either programmers or scientific mode depending upon win version. it will drop the first 0 automaticly if SN starts with 0.
Next select the hex button on wincalc, the number that then comes up is your BK
Is that correct or am I missing a bit?

hi,my bk is always on my box and i use it quite alot to change between cards.
i use mindows calculator to get mine, in scientific mode i press the dec button then enter the number the press hex to obtain the key
hope this helps.

hi,my bk is always on my box and i use it quite alot to change between cards.
i use mindows calculator to get mine, in scientific mode i press the dec button then enter the number the press hex to obtain the key
hope this helps.

yep thats what I do too, so it cant be the wrong BK, I'll see how I get on with the old patch on the sd5000 later. I'll also try taking the 9000HD back 1 patch too in case I did it wrong.

Here's an update as I have managed to try everything in all directions.
It comes down to the same basic fault on ALL boxes...

On both the SD5000 and HD9000 the PREMIUM channels wont clear all others do but no movies, on the HD9000 I have put in the boxkey but it does not seem to be storing/saving it. It goes through the process but if I press the red button again its all 0's where the BK should be.

I've taken the SD back to 2.15 but still the same, (also if I have the card in the 9000 it sees it but wont decode anything through homeplus.)

Q1. How do you know if the BK is stored correctly?
Q2. Can anyone check my BK by PM?
Q3. Should what I am trying to do work?
Q4. Should I return the SD5000's to HiSat?

Does anyone from HiSat use these forums? Darkman (Bobi) announced on here a while ago that NDS Official cards worked on the Spiderboxes and I thought it was supposed to be a simple setup with the spideys should I have bought something else.

Update: I just got my old TM6800HD out and both my cards work 100% in that so problem is obviously with the spiderboxes and their firmware unless anyone else has other answers ???

Here's an update as I have managed to try everything in all directions.
It comes down to the same basic fault on ALL boxes...

On both the SD5000 and HD9000 the PREMIUM channels wont clear all others do but no movies, on the HD9000 I have put in the boxkey but it does not seem to be storing/saving it. It goes through the process but if I press the red button again its all 0's where the BK should be.

I've taken the SD back to 2.15 but still the same, (also if I have the card in the 9000 it sees it but wont decode anything through homeplus.)

Q1. How do you know if the BK is stored correctly?
Q2. Can anyone check my BK by PM?
Q3. Should what I am trying to do work?
Q4. Should I return the SD5000's to HiSat?

Does anyone from HiSat use these forums? Darkman (Bobi) announced on here a while ago that NDS Official cards worked on the Spiderboxes and I thought it was supposed to be a simple setup with the spideys should I have bought something else.

Update: I just got my old TM6800HD out and both my cards work 100% in that so problem is obviously with the spiderboxes and their firmware unless anyone else has other answers ???
can not comment on the sd500 because i sent mine back.
the 9000 hd works well.
i have the patch
"Boxer26_Gift_Patch_HD_9000_0212.zip" installed.
just checked 2 white cards for you and can confirm that using the correct boxkey both clear sports.
atm using hd9000 as server and watching live cricket through my tm500super as client.
on a dyndns account.
not sure were you are going wrong m8 but the 900hd does read the card and works as server (for me)
got to be thinking boxkey but we have had this b4 and i think you are doing it right.

Last edited:
I finaly have everything working but not the way it should or he way I want.
What a Palaver, thought it was meant to be easy!!!

Here is how I did it in the end....

Made sure latest patch was loaded on HD9000 and did complete resets
To get the Spidey to clear the movies I had to enter the boxkey whilst actually on a scrambled premium channel.
Checked over the 9000HD and all worked both standard and premium channels.
Checked the 5000SD on the home network it saw the Card in the 9000HD but only cleared the movie channels and not the standard ones, this was getting too weird to handle so I created a Newcamd server on the 9000HD and linked to it with the 5000, now everything is working fine.
But obviously not the way it should.

Its a shame all the patch work on these boxes has halted, but this sure is a mugs game.
Do you get all this hassle with the TM's?

Thanks to everyone for their help with a big shout out to easymo3!

Last edited:
Back