Scrambled or no signal?

Slyce

Inactive User
Reaction score
Evening all,

I was wondering if i am doing something wrong as i cannot set this damn KV box to work.

I have scanned and re-scanned and then scanned again, factory settings, no LAN cable attached, updated to December firmware but still have the same error when selecting SS1 for example?

Any ideas or advise please?

Cheers.
S

what firmware are you on?

do you know how to set it up?

hey.............its pv4.1.03, HW version v3.0.0.

I updated it from 4.1.01 (if i remember correctly).......switched box on, Changed provider, selected Net ID (noted from my VM box before switching off), done a search, finds a load of channels, click exit.....................and then get the same scrambled or no signal crap!! :)

Have i missed anything??

sorry, its scrambled or no video message.....

yep
need to know the date of the last update

I updated it today...........ah, i see what you meant.............A780-04Nov2012.

Should i try the Aoril 2012?

no m8, thats the latest..

1: do the free channels work?

if so, what happens when you try to do online update?

can it reach server?

did it stop working after update?

Yep....free channels up and running.

When i go to S/W update, it sits on Searching new update. How long do you normally have to wait for this bit before you know it isn't working?

should connect right away..

can up look in router, make sure box is connected?

how are you connected?
wireless, hard wired, homeplugs?

Evening all,

I was wondering if i am doing something wrong as i cannot set this damn KV box to work.

I have scanned and re-scanned and then scanned again, factory settings, no LAN cable attached, updated to December firmware but still have the same error when selecting SS1 for example?

Any ideas or advise please?

Cheers.
S

maybe the writing in red could be a give away

haha :) What that is supposed to mean is that i have scanned the box with factory settings without the LAN cable present also. It is obviously attached now :)

Its hard wired directly to router.

If i can remember the password to the router i will check to see if i can spot it......

Any other ideas?

The update function is far from being connected straight away....

sounds like a newtworking problem then.

if you tried updating online and were up to date it would say update not required, or summit like that, but at least then you know you are connecting to server.

try uplugging modem/router and box for 2 minutes, sometimes you need to reboot router with these boxes.. :)

I have done that previously but will try again.

I do think i have nailed it though, big time rookie mistake, I'm sure i used the wrong flippin lead hence no connection direct to the Router!! Doh!!

I will grab a new network lead tomorrow and see how i fare......................hopefully better than today!!

nice 1.. :)
come back at let us know how you get on.. :)

Hi mate!!

Lol all sorted!!

I'm too embarrassed to admit it but the reason being was I was using a telephone cable from the router to KV box. I remember checking if it fitted, which it did obviously so I didn't even try it with my network lead!!

As per my previous posts........doh!!!

Proper Rodney moment!!!

Appreciate you sticking around until it clicked in my head at least mate!! :)

current firmware date for kv 780 is 11/11/2012,are ya there yet lol,also note sometimes network needs a reboot as in box modem and router off at rear for 20 secs then on,it should connect then in a min.

Yeh I'm all good mate thanks!!

Get some glitching now and again but can't complain really!! :)

Any idea how to get missing channels? Eg 830 UMP Movies (Asian channel), I know this was added recently by vermin as I never seen it available till beginning of the year on the vm box. It's there in the list but is always scrambled??

Back