Scrambled Free HD channels scrambled on Astra 28.2e

12qw

Inactive User
Reaction score
The Free HD channels on Astra 28.2 east, BBC HD, BBC1 , ITV 1 HD , Chanel 4 HD, and NHK HD are behaving strangely on my Spiderbox HD 9000 receiver. The SD channels are fine.

When i start watching these channels, for a little while, anywhere from 1 minute to an hour or so, i can view the channels fine. But then gradually, the picture will begin to stutter or freeze with the audio still okay, then within a minute or so, the screen will go black with the 'scrambled channel' message in the centre of the screen. This happens for all of the free HD channels.

I have updated to the IKS patch, have the updated channels list, done several factory resets as per the patching instructions, the signal from my 1 metre dish is very strong (>89% for both signal and quality).

Is there a fault developing with my receiver? I ask as i want to upgrade to VIP membership soon.

Thanks.

The Free HD channels on Astra 28.2 east, BBC HD, BBC1 , ITV 1 HD , Chanel 4 HD, and NHK HD are behaving strangely on my Spiderbox HD 9000 receiver. The SD channels are fine.

When i start watching these channels, for a little while, anywhere from 1 minute to an hour or so, i can view the channels fine. But then gradually, the picture will begin to stutter or freeze with the audio still okay, then within a minute or so, the screen will go black with the 'scrambled channel' message in the centre of the screen. This happens for all of the free HD channels.

I have updated to the IKS patch, have the updated channels list, done several factory resets as per the patching instructions, the signal from my 1 metre dish is very strong (>89% for both signal and quality).

Is there a fault developing with my receiver? I ask as i want to upgrade to VIP membership soon.

Thanks.

If you dont yet have the VIP membership then please reflash the March 2012 Spiderbox patch. There is no point using the IKS until you have the key.

Hi Jimi,

Thanks for replying. Ever the gent that you are.

I flashed to the march firmware as you suggested and the HD channels are now behaving normally. I even managed to watch the Grand Prix yesterday on BBC 1 HD!

However, if i reflash back to the IKS VASIK firmware, is this an incremental upgraded firmware? What i mean is, does the IKS VASIK firmware include all of the improvements of the March firmware? What i don't want to be in is the situation that i upgrade the firmware to the IKS firmware, pay for the VIP membership and then find out my box has problems with HD channels...

Hi Jimi,

Thanks for replying. Ever the gent that you are.

I flashed to the march firmware as you suggested and the HD channels are now behaving normally. I even managed to watch the Grand Prix yesterday on BBC 1 HD!

However, if i reflash back to the IKS VASIK firmware, is this an incremental upgraded firmware? What i mean is, does the IKS VASIK firmware include all of the improvements of the March firmware? What i don't want to be in is the situation that i upgrade the firmware to the IKS firmware, pay for the VIP membership and then find out my box has problems with HD channels...

The IKS software is great once you have the key, I had problems with a recurring blue screen when I installed the IKS patch without the key returning to the March 2012 cured the problem. When I got my key I installed the IKS and the blue flashing was back as soon as I entered my key it disappeared.
So dont patch until you have the key, yes it is a very up to date patch mine works fine.

Back