Scottish members

IANB

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Any of our scottish members do a ps 2 repair or chipping service can you pm me.
I need a ps2 with a mxl2 looked at.
it works on all originals.
It was working with copies but not now.

i have an older ver 3 chipped with the messiah and i think the lazers goosed.
Are they easy to change?

Someone dropped a sporran!

Sporran_s.JPG

Is it yours Dave? LMFAO

Soz Ian! Could'nt resist it lol

im not being racist lol
just if there is some one in scotland i can deliver and collect

just that you keep dropping your push bike 8 lol

C,mon lads youve hijacked my thread.
Im looking for help here!

take the machine back to whoever chipped it, {you dont pay out good money for a ps2 that f*cks up after 5 minutes}-------heard some of the newer machines knacker the chip if its not attached to a heatsink. {either the chip has overheated, or its caused a dry joint somewere}.
you will invalidate the installers guarantee if someone else has a look at it

i have an older ver 3 chipped with the messiah and i think the lazers goosed.
Are they easy to change?
no ian, there not that easy to the novice

if you are in glasgow i can recomend this guy i worked beside him and he is really good.he does a pick up service as well..here is his site ,
h*tp://www.thebarras.co.uk/

Happy to help if this is any help. I have never changed a laser in a ps2 but i have on dvd players and ps1's, cd players etc. So i guess i would be able to change the laser.
It is best to get the guy who chipped it to look at it. However if this is not possible I could check for dry joints and damage etc. If i cant do it i have a nice workshop engineer that might help also. Hope it helpful

I bought it prechipped from a guy on ebay.
Its a version 9 machine so you could be right Benny.

Ian, iv just phoned my cousin in Kilmarnock to see if he knows anyone in that area that repairs ps2s.....what area are you looking to travel to?

Anywhere in the central belt kilmarnock and ayrshire is no problem in fact anywhere in scotland as i travel all over with my job.
thanx Garry

IANBBB said:
I bought it prechipped from a guy on ebay.
Its a version 9 machine so you could be right Benny.

its a risk buying something off ebay ian {it might be cheaper but you end up paying through the nose in the longrun}

IANBBB said:
Anywhere in the central belt kilmarnock and ayrshire is no problem in fact anywhere in scotland as i travel all over with my job.
thanx Garry
just waiting for my cousin to get back to me on this one Ian, he works silly shifts....lol...if i get any info ill post it asap.

Emailed the guy i bought it from
He is willing to get it checked out for me, we just have to come to an agreement on the postage costs. So im optomistic.

Back