Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

scam or not

Taff

Inactive User
recieved an email from barclays bank with my christian and surname in the dear title, it informed me of an unsuccesful attempt to access my account and listed the ip as 81.190.253.29... it then went on to give me my first line of my address together with my post code... it asked me to click on link to confirm address i think... the gramma was aweful not what i would expect from a security advisor from barclays.. what do you think ??

Dear Mr........We are committed to protecting you, with the latest technology to keep your details secure, and dedicated teams to monitor online activity and intercept any suspicious actions. And we do everything we can to protect our online customers, but the steps we take can be much more effective if you work with us to protect yourself.

06 March 2006 our security system detected an unsuccessfull access attempt to your online account from Ip address 81.190.253.29 that does not correspond to your current address:

Please click here to confirm your current address or change it online.

If you do not confirm your address until 09 March 2006 your account will be SUSPENDED for security reasons and we will send you an Activation Code by post which you will need to renew your online banking service access. You will receive this within seven days if your current address is not confirmed.

I have omitted my name and address for obvious reason, this mail smells like a rat, it had all the graphics of a barclays web site with lots of official looking stuff

regards

Taff

hi this is not a scam i have tried it myself and its defo not a scam.......................infact i got £1000 protection fees from barclays.

SCAM, I get them from banks I am not even with.. As a valued customer blah blah balls

defo a scam and i bet come the 9th of march your account hasnt changed prob get another tomorrow from natwest or a bank your not even with just goes to show how stupid these people are bin it m8

Funny thing is the ip address is in Poland.
Resolved 81.190.253.29 to host-81-190-253-29.elk.mm.pl
So the scammers could be using their own isp to make it look authentic.

VeNoM

Back