Scam Or Has My Other Half Bought ....

JazzyJames2001

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ive just recieved a phone call, now I was in the bath at the time and Im not one of these people who jumps straight out to answer the door or phone. If there is a problem they will ring back or bang louder. Anyway enough about me.

Ive just recieved a phone call which left a message on the answer phone saying.

'....Home Delivery, Im ringing to organise a delivery of the radio. Could you please ring me back on my personal number 07094606107 thats 07094606107' (Ill tell you why I left the mobile number in later)

Anyway I pick up the phone and ring 1471 and its a withheld number. So I rang the mobile number to my surprise it says 'Hi this is Patrick, thanks for calling about the radio, please hold while we connect you' At this point I hung up and thought what is he connecting me to.

Anyone heard of this Scam before? Anyone think its a Scam? Ive heard about these things where they connect you to a £50 a min number etc. Any Ideas?

Jazz

JazzyJames2001 said:
Ive just recieved a phone call, now I was in the bath at the time and Im not one of these people who jumps straight out to answer the door or phone. If there is a problem they will ring back or bang louder. Anyway enough about me.

Ive just recieved a phone call which left a message on the answer phone saying.

'....Home Delivery, Im ringing to organise a delivery of the radio. Could you please ring me back on my personal number 07094606107 thats 07094606107' (Ill tell you why I left the mobile number in later)

Anyway I pick up the phone and ring 1471 and its a withheld number. So I rang the mobile number to my surprise it says 'Hi this is Patrick, thanks for calling about the radio, please hold while we connect you' At this point I hung up and thought what is he connecting me to.

Anyone heard of this Scam before? Anyone think its a Scam? Ive heard about these things where they connect you to a £50 a min number etc. Any Ideas?

Jazz

yeah i have heard of them to m8, if its important, they will come back....
i think you did the right thing..............:Clap:

I'm sure you're right m8.

I'd have done the 1471 and thats it!! My curiosity would'nt stretch any further than that lol.

Ive read up, and supposedly you connect straight away but it still sounds like your ringing the number, this is so they can make as much money as possible on you.

Beware PPL.

Why cant our phone companies stop this stuff? Surely they own all the lines and can tell when this is happening

Jazz

JazzyJames2001 said:
Ive read up, and supposedly you connect straight away but it still sounds like your ringing the number, this is so they can make as much money as possible on you.

Beware PPL.

Why cant our phone companies stop this stuff? Surely they own all the lines and can tell when this is happening

Jazz

mmm there ment to check out BT privicy

just had the exact phone call, luckily stopped the missus just i time as she was just about to ring, then i remembered i'd read this and told her not to bother. ar$ehol£$

hi m8

this no 070 is not a mobile no when you call them they will put you on hold and after a while some one will speak to you and collect your details to send you the radio by the time you will put the phone down you will be charge for this call and its more then the premium number charges. it is a scam they make money by making peoples calling them back .

i had similer call i thought its mobile no but when i received bill i was charged £5.
i did call them back and really had a go on them....

Back