sb4100 problem

This might be the case yes (although i have never had it) but his signal is too weak and thats not going to be cured by a reboot. There could be lots of other things that could cause the send light to flash including network problems but here i would sort the signal level before looking at anything else.

his signal is not weak m8, -6dBmV is perfectly within acceptable level for downstream power level as a matter of fact the signal level can go as low as -13dBmV and still work well with maybe the occasional reboot, and since the snr is around 36 and the upstream is 58dBmV and his subbed works straight away went connected indicates the modem maybe @ fault and is causing unaceptable high upstream power level and usually a few reboots or left alone for a few hours solves the problem if it dont a reflash might

Last edited:
his signal is not weak m8, -6dBmV is perfectly within acceptable level for downstream power level as a matter of fact the signal level can go as low as -13dBmV and still work well with maybe the occasional reboot, and since the snr is around 36 and the upstream is 58dBmV and his subbed works straight away went connected indicates the modem maybe @ fault and is causing unaceptable high upstream power level and usually a few reboots or left alone for a few hours solves the problem if it dont a reflash might

On a QAM64 yes it can go that low but on QAM256 ? It seems quite clear that the upstream is the problem here but if there is a lot of attenuation coming from somewhere this will cause his problem hence why i asked if there is any attenuators inline. If there is removing these will or should solve the problem. Also not all modems like having a signal at -10dB i can promise you that ;)

It could be as i said a network problem but i would still try connecting the modem up on another point in the house without any re-flashing to see if it works on that point, if it does then thats pointing more towards a signal issue and also what type of modem is the subbed ?

hi guys,

Thank u all for helping out

I do not have any attenuators in line anywhere in the house

Try your modem on another point in your house, if that fails then try it at someone elses house to see if it works there. Other than that get your mate to up your signal if possible or look at reflashing the modem to see if that cures your probs

Back