sb4100 problem

rizla13

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a sb4100 for just over a year now with no problems.

Last week my modem just wont gon online. The LED's flash at receives, then send, but it doesnt go to online.

I am in pure and i have cloned my own mac add on the 4100. tried re-inputting mac still no joy.

the congif file is cmreg-mota4100-bund03.cm

I can still log onto the hack page.

Any help appreciated guys

I had the same problem about a month ago and it was the config on mine but im pretty sure its the same as the one your'e using.
Perhaps the frequency is wrong although again on mine the frequency that i believe it should be wont stay on the modem and it defaults to 331000000? could give a try. regards

I had the same problem about a month ago and it was the config on mine but im pretty sure its the same as the one your'e using.
Perhaps the frequency is wrong although again on mine the frequency that i believe it should be wont stay on the modem and it defaults to 331000000? could give a try. regards

Thnx for the reply m8..

I have checked the freq it is the rigth one : 402750000

Do i have to have a tfpt ip address coz mine is empty?

Leave the TFTP box empty as it is now, sounds like you have a signal problem if you have a flashing send light to me. Check the signal levels and let us know what the upstream and downstream power levels are on the modem.

Do you have cable tv ? If so is the light flashing on the fron t of the box ?

Leave the TFTP box empty as it is now, sounds like you have a signal problem if you have a flashing send light to me. Check the signal levels and let us know what the upstream and downstream power levels are on the modem.

Do you have cable tv ? If so is the light flashing on the fron t of the box ?

signal levels are fine. that was the first thing i checked as my friend who is a engineer for n** he came and checked all my points in the house including outside and said my signal is perfect.

When i plug my original modem back in thats workd perfect

So does the send light stay on solid or flash ?

You have no return path so you DO have a signal problem then simple. What is your upstream channel? What do your modem logs say? Also what are the modem signal levels? Click on the signal page on your modem and let us know

You have no return path so you DO have a signal problem then simple. What is your upstream channel? What do your modem logs say? Also what are the modem signal levels? Click on the signal page on your modem and let us know

here is theINFO:

DOWNSTREAM
Frequency 402750000 Hz Locked
Signal to Noise Ratio 36 dB
QAM 256
Network Access Control Object N/A
Power Level -6 dBmV

UPSTREAM
Channel ID 2
Frequency 38192000 Hz In Progress
Ranging Service ID 27
Symbol Rate 2.560 Msym/s
Power Level 58 dBmV

LOGS
************ 8-Debug T509.0 Acquired DS with status OK, DS Freq 402750000, US Id 2
************ 8-Debug T509.0 Acquired DS with status NO FEC lock, DS Freq 394750000, US Id 0
************ 8-Debug T509.0 Acquired DS with status NO FEC lock, DS Freq 386750000, US Id 0
************ 8-Debug T509.0 Acquired DS with status NO FEC lock, DS Freq 378750000, US Id 0
************ 8-Debug T509.0 Acquired DS with status NO FEC lock, DS Freq 370750000, US Id 0
************ 8-Debug T509.0 Acquired DS with status NO FEC lock, DS Freq 362750000, US Id 0
************ 8-Debug T509.0 Acquired DS with status NO FEC lock, DS Freq 354750000, US Id 0
************ 8-Debug T509.0 Acquired DS with status NO FEC lock, DS Freq 346750000, US Id 0
************ 8-Debug T509.0 Acquired DS with status NO FEC lock, DS Freq 338750000, US Id 0
************ 8-Debug T509.0 Acquired DS with status NO FEC lock, DS Freq 330750000, US Id 0
************ 8-Debug T509.0 Acquired DS with status NO FEC lock, DS Freq 322750000, US Id 0
************ 8-Debug T509.0 Acquired DS with status NO FEC lock, DS Freq 314750000, US Id 0
************ 8-Debug T509.0 Acquired DS with status NO FEC lock, DS Freq 306750000, US Id 0
************ 8-Debug T509.0 Acquired DS with status NO FEC lock, DS Freq 298750000, US Id 0
************ 8-Debug T509.0 Acquired DS with status NO FEC lock, DS Freq 290750000, US Id 0

Your signal is too weak mate. Your downstream should not be any lower than about -3 ish. Do you have an attenuator on the back of your modem ? This will be inline with the white cable from the point on the wall and have something like -3db or -6db on it

Your signal is too weak mate. Your downstream should not be any lower than about -3 ish. Do you have an attenuator on the back of your modem ? This will be inline with the white cable from the point on the wall and have something like -3db or -6db on it

ok il have to check that tomorow morning.

im off to night shift now.

thatnk you very much for yuor help.i will report back tomorow and let u know

again

help much appreciated mate

I believe you need to set the tftp ip address, to get this you have to input youre mac into dhcp this will give you the tftp ip for your area then reboot, this is how i got mine to work with the help of a friend.

No worries.

Your powerlevel on your upstream must be below about 56db or so, any higher than this and your are liable to start getting drop outs. I would try your modem on a different point in your house as well just to see if it works on there as the signal level may well be different on another point. Before you worry too much though about things the signal level needs to be sorted and ruled out as its all too easy to think its the mac etc when really its nothing to do with that ;)

I believe you need to set the tftp ip address, to get this you have to input youre mac into dhcp this will give you the tftp ip for your area then reboot, this is how i got mine to work with the help of a friend.

Nope you don't need to enter anything in the TFTP box at all, best just to leave it empty. I can't comment on 250's etc as i don't use them but on a 4100 i would say leave it empty.

Nope you don't need to enter anything in the TFTP box at all, best just to leave it empty. I can't comment on 250's etc as i don't use them but on a 4100 i would say leave it empty.

Not even to force the config hes using? i had tried for days to get my 4100 going and the last thing i did was set the tftp ip to the correct area for my mac and now works a treat, but as long as he gets sorted thats the main thing. regards

Thats right, you don't need to enter it at all well i never have on any modem regardless of area anyway. When messing with this address if the wrong one is entered then it will prevent you from getting online :(

As you say as long as he gets it sorted then thats the main thing ;)

this is a common problem with 4100, ther staring to show ther age... it looses its upstream power level or it rises too high.( hense flashing send lights) simple solution unplug and plug back in a couple of times and wait to see if it boots pass the send lights before unpluging and pluging it back in again or leave it and it might sort it self out

this is a common problem with 4100, ther staring to show ther age... it looses its upstream power level or it rises too high.( hense flashing send lights) simple solution unplug and plug back in a couple of times and wait to see if it boots pass the send lights before unpluging and pluging it back in again or leave it and it might sort it self out
This might be the case yes (although i have never had it) but his signal is too weak and thats not going to be cured by a reboot. There could be lots of other things that could cause the send light to flash including network problems but here i would sort the signal level before looking at anything else.

Back