Saved myself £450 thanks to xbox360 section

DINGLEBERRY

Inactive User
Reaction score
thanx to this site, for my bit of luck this morning ? My drivers side windows switches stopped working on my car, also did the back ones etc ?

I checked the main fuse box and also the second smaller one under the dash, all was fine.

So I thought shittte I went and bought a cheap batery tester and checked there was a live feed to all the switches? they were all ok so I thought I have a dead switch somewhere.

Dropped the car of at the dealers and they phoned back saying no problem they had solved the issue it was the main switch pannel on the drivers door it needed changed.

Heres the punch the wanted £310 for the master switch pannel £50 for diognostics and £60 for the fit NO way there,s no fit it just pops out and in 4 screws.

In a huff I said no way can I afford it, story short I collected the car pulled the board out the control pannel my self and thought, If it gets a 360 running with a bit heat it might work for this? So I ran a heat gun over it gentaly till it was that hot I could not touch it.

Let it cool down and guess what ? I now have 4 windows working and even my wing mirrors came to life.

so in future before you spend money have a shot your self lol

wicked:proud:

Last edited:
good on u m8
have u put lt on it lol

Yeh lol honest I was buzzing, the thing is it just clipped in and out, why did they want £60 for 30 seconds work ?

What a sham fair dooos a new pannel would have cost £310 but diog £50 ?

I told them I had a dead switch somewhere so £50 to double check?

Then another £60 to swap it over ? they told me it would cost just under £450.

Some people must get ripped to bits I will never trust a main dealer again.

(Not that I did in the first place)

Nice one mate, dont forget to pop back to the "main dealers" and let them know what a set of tossers they are:proud:

Back