Sat channels from Spain

sweetrihard

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

One of the many reasons I invested in sat reception equipment is to be able to watch channels from Spain, in order to brush up my Spanish.

Unfortunately, over the last few years, the number of (decent) FTA channels has decreased quite dramatically (I guess as a consequence of the struggling Spanish economy), and many channels have opted for online live streaming only (outside Spain), which I am not interested in, and as at today all that I believe is left is:

Andalucia TV (19E)
TVGA (19E)
TVE Internacional (13E)
Canal 24 Horas (13E)
RTVGE (7E)
Parlamento (9E & 30W)

[I specifically excluded other available channels in Spanish but not from Spain (e.g. Hispan TV, RT), shopping channels (e.g. Canal Club), and channels that show tarot reading all day long (e.g. Yet_TV).

I would love to be able to watch La1, La2, Cuatro, Tele Madrid, etc. Basically, many of their general entertainment channels available on their digital terrestrial service. I'm not really interested in premium sport or movie channels.

My understanding is that Spain does not have an equivalent of our Freesat (or the Italian TivùSat). Is that the case?

Is there a way to watch many of the above channels from the UK (I believe they are all on 19E and 30W)? If so how? I would be very grateful for an easy step-by-step I could follow, as I'm not an expert.

Many thanks in advance for all the info/help you could provide on this matter.

Thanks manic01 for your prompt reply.
I had a quick look at the link. However, it does not provide any additional info that I had already found on Lyngsat.
I wasn't asking for a general list of channels that broadcast in Spanish from around the world. My question (apologies if it wasn't clear) was much more specific: As I stated above, many decent channels from Spain (e.g. Tele Madrid and the Catalan tv3) no longer broadcast on satellite, and I was asking if Spain has an equivalent to our Freesat, and if it's possible to watch the main general entertainment channels from Spain, because I can only see the scrambled versions available on D+ (the equivalent of our Sky).

didnt the spanish channels used to be available via hispasat in b.i.s.s. and recievable via certain m-vision boxs at one time? i think they are still avalable but i think you need spanish address ect or pay a premium. if you have a box with a lan connection and a broadband connection/router you can view what you want other wise its an official basic pack card for d+ which are not cheap. regards mdt

That list is all the fta channels available in europe.
Freesat or not thats all there will be.

Thanks, but that's not what I'm asking!

In Italy, for example, I'm aware that there is a service called Tivusat (similar to our Freesat), where you can buy (as a one-off payment) cam+card to access all the channels available on on that free to air sat platform. Is there something similar in Spain? (that perhaps I could buy when I go there on holiday). If not, is anyone aware of any other options?

didnt the spanish channels used to be available via hispasat in b.i.s.s. and recievable via certain m-vision boxs at one time? i think they are still avalable but i think you need spanish address ect or pay a premium. if you have a box with a lan connection and a broadband connection/router you can view what you want other wise its an official basic pack card for d+ which are not cheap. regards mdt

Thanks mdt - I'm afraid, I don't know, but thank you all the same. I asked a Spanish friend but she didn't know either.

These receivers did work, but none do now.
"Mvision S4 Series

Mvision S5 Series

Tboston 4500/4600

Illusion M3

Edision Tyran

Edision 1600 CI D

igiquest 6400

Fonestar RDS 550, RDTS 680

Comag SL65/ MAX102, S202, U4123/S100/S200 y S300 & Clones "FTE" com Chip da série B"

Hi sweetrihard, manic01 & mdt,

didnt the spanish channels used to be available via hispasat in b.i.s.s. and recievable via certain m-vision boxs at one time? i think they are still avalable...

I believe these are the Spanish DTT (via satellite) transponders on Hispasat 1E at 30.0°W

View attachment 72101(click on image to enlarge)

Best Wishes,
Zorch

although the m-vision boxs no longer work i think its still possible to get official boxs for hispasat reception if you know someone in spain with a spanish address ect as its used to cover gaps in the dtt transmitters. regards mdt

Hi again sweetrihard, manic01 & mdt,

although the m-vision boxs no longer work i think its still possible to get official boxs for hispasat reception if you know someone in spain with a spanish address ect as its used to cover gaps in the dtt transmitters. regards mdt

There are some more Abertis Telecom transponders on Hispasat 1D at 30.0°W but they do not state DTT

View attachment 72121(click on image to enlarge)

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Thank you Zorch, manic01 & mdt.

So, I have done a little more research on this, and I'm almost certain that Spain does not have a service similar to Freesat, therefore an option would be getting hold of a box :-( The whole thing is much more complex than I had envisaged.

Back