San Fran CyanogenMod 7 - 2.3.2 Gingerbread ROM IS HERE

Is this worth installing yet ? I use my phone for business so I usually hold off for the stables but im chomping at the bit here.

Is this worth installing yet ? I use my phone for business so I usually hold off for the stables but im chomping at the bit here.
i would chomp at the bit a little longer mate,few things aint right yet

Coming along now, battery drain issue has been fixed, and apps on SD card work now too... Here is the current list of what still isn't fixed...

> What haven't we got/ What's still broken?
> Bluetooth doesn't work without a fixed Kernel
> GPS is a tad unreliable
> USB Tethering and WiFi tethering. Wifi can be fixed using the fix in the post below.
> Random Touchscreen Freezes link
> FM Radio may be out for a while link

I've been piss arsing about with custom roms all day today gave cyanogen a damn good go and i almost stuck with it but i think im too used to htc sense to give it up just yet,

did have the desire hd rom on my desire and it worked nicely but im restoring my original backup as we speak, too much hassle reinstalling everything!

use titanium backup to backup and restore when using over roms

im pretty sure i tried to install it but it said i needed busybox but it couldnt install busybox on the standard desire rom despite detecting the root.

any ideas?

scratch that.

rather than grabbing busybox from the market i did it through the app and it works fine. funny that lol

Last edited:
why not back it up with clockwork mod doesnt just back up apps ,backs up the whole rom as an image

why not back it up with clockwork mod doesnt just back up apps ,backs up the whole rom as an image

i did do that but i wanted to restore my apps / settings to a new rom. some i should hopefully be able to do now with titanium backup.

i just cant decide on another rom to try. I dont know whether i want sense or not although i do really like sense.

anyone got a good suggestion?

i did do that but i wanted to restore my apps / settings to a new rom. some i should hopefully be able to do now with titanium backup.

i just cant decide on another rom to try. I dont know whether i want sense or not although i do really like sense.

anyone got a good suggestion?

This is a San Fran thread mate, might get more suggestions in a new thread ;)

This is a San Fran thread mate, might get more suggestions in a new thread ;)

but my mum always said its always better to post in an existing thread :proud:

although you might be right, posting about my desire in a san fran thread isnt exactly sensible lol (only just realised it was for san fran)

Last edited:
Development for this ROM has now moved to Gen2 ONLY compatibility. This means converting your phone to Gen2 internal structure.

It's still not worth doing this yet though in my opinion, so just hold your horses!!! There's no going back from Gen 2 to 1 so it's a little bit of a big deal doing it and we need to make sure it's worth doing...

Re:CM7 universal converter

CM7 universal converter allows you to use Gen2 builds on Gen 1 handset.

Back