New San Fran 2.2 ROM - Swedish Spring

Sorry yeh, I didnt make sense what I meant is you have to download backup and recovery apps first dont you? As long as it can be done using wifi with no sim im fine. No orange data package lol

Yeah, suppose if you want to do it that way mate. I think most people probably just download the ROM on their comps and then use the usb conection to shoot it over to their phones... that's how I do it :)

Oh, one thing most people say before you flash is make sure you have 100% charged battery...

RLS5 now available. Click link in OP for download link.

New in RLS5
Kernel now uses gzip:ed initrd to make it easier for other to modifiy
Fix for non-responsive touchscreen (on some Blades) by leromarinvit
Added AppWidgetPicker
Automaticly mounts /cache as tmpfs (ramdisk) if cache partition is less than 20000kb.
Updated Maps and No-frills CPU Control to latest versions.
Added some more stuff to "Extra settings". Stagefright can now be enabled/disabled but be aware that it is mostly broken so most people should leave everything off. Could be turned on to compare quadrant scores with other builds that have it enabled.
Some addons still say RLS4 because they are identical and I have not bothered to rename them.
No wipe needed if upgrading from erlier version.

Downloaded, but not sure if it means I will have to restore all my contacts etc again

Downloaded, but not sure if it means I will have to restore all my contacts etc again

Not if you don't have to wipe, which you don't if you are only upgrading from an earlier Swedish Spring. Anyway, you should have your contacts synced with your google account now.

Just do a full ROM backup before you do just in case, you can also backup your SMS's with a free app, SMS Backup off the Market, or if you have something like GO SMS installed, you can back up SMS messages and settings using that.

Sorted then, I dont trust google cloud with all my contacts

How do you install it as I thought it would just be a .img file?

you install roms from the sdcard with clockworkmod recovery your contacts can be backed up by contacts menu export to sdcard

edogg

Noticed angry birds bit slow with this, better try overclocked rom?

What's the latest on this? Has anyone installed it and lived with it?

I did try it on mine but had some issues with it, can't remember what they were now. I went back to running FLB Froyo r10. I've tried numerous roms now and this is the one that works best for me.

Rob

Back