samsung lcd

@ Daz

heres the manual for the sammy

have alook at pages 4/5 re connections and setting up external AV

How would you set it up?

ill go through all my connections again now m8
thanks

Hmmm Vertical Lines!
Been doing some research for you. Could it be a faulty Sky box? Have you tried unplugging the sky box completely and try a DVD?

http://www.ilovesamsung.co.uk/showthread.php?t=192

Has any mates got a sky box you can swop with as a test?

VGA input is best.

i see what your sayin m8 im just about to try wirein it all different if that dont work then i will try a new sky box and HOPEFULLY that will fix the prob
many THANKS

yes hopefully ,my m8s got a spare sky box , if he can find it,
thanks for the help ill let ya know

well ive rewired it all and still the same ,new skybox didnt work either,so i unplugged everything and pressed a button ,still got the fuckin lines though so ill say its got to be the tv (shit ) then i plugged it all bak in and put energy savein mode to medium and the lines have gone!
so i dont know whether to leave it or shall i still get it lookede at????

I would get it changed pretty quick.

You're screenshots look very similar to the early stages of a problem I had with a Toshiba 42WLT66. It quickly degenerated to the point where there was no recognisable picture at all. Toshiba refused a replacement (outside 28 days), so it was taken for repair. Turned out to be the main cpu/signal processing board which Toshiba could not source a board replacement for, so they ended up replacing the whole TV anyway (but 3 weeks later than the original request!).

If it is the cpu board (and it certainly looks like it) you definitely want the TV replaced. Leave it and it will only get worse.

Last edited:
i think that may be my problem m8 but while ive got it on energy savein mode its ok theres no lines but i am gonna switch energy mode off when they finally come to look at the tv

Back