samsung lcd

Firemouth

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys got a new sammy tv (LE40R74BD) well its 6 mths old now but suddenly it seems to be gettin lines runnin up it ,like interferance or summit like that ,
ive tried movein stuff from underneath it but that hasnt worked
any ideas peeps? i dont want to send it back unless i have to

Send It Back Man!!! They Cost Too Much!! Why Take The Chance After 6 Months

On The Other Hand Maybe Just Need New Scart Cable

when are you getting these lines Pal, Is it just on internal freeview channels? or watching dvds? or all sources. Check all scart connections and Ariel leads,

i only seem to get the lines when writein comes up,say the credits or things like that but it also does it when i watch copied dvds ,so any other ideas will be great thanks

Send It Back Man!!! They Cost Too Much!! Why Take The Chance After 6 Months

On The Other Hand Maybe Just Need New Scart Cable

he he i know wot you mean but i got discount on it cause i kicked up a stink in the shop about another problem ,(but it turned out to be settings) so i got £200 knocked off and free tv stand ive changed the scarts aswell m8
thanks

have you changed the point where its plugged into mains e.g. try running it from another socket, could be mains interferance and check that both your TV and DVD are set to RGB instead of PAL in both their set ups. just an Idea dont know if it will make a difference but worth a try

we had a similar problem with a sony tv we had when i lived with my parents...moons ago...but it was to do with either contrast or sharpeness dynamics ,well thats what the engineer said he took it away and it came back a few weeks later all fixed

have you changed the point where its plugged into mains e.g. try running it from another socket, could be mains interferance and check that both your TV and DVD are set to RGB instead of PAL in both their set ups. just an Idea dont know if it will make a difference but worth a try

yes m8 i did try it in another socket because i put in a new surge protecter and thought it might be that but still the same
i havent tried puttin them both on RGB so i will do m8 ,thanks
oh er would i have to put my sky box on that also?

we had a similar problem with a sony tv we had when i lived with my parents...moons ago...but it was to do with either contrast or sharpeness dynamics ,well thats what the engineer said he took it away and it came back a few weeks later all fixed

cheers so it looks like if nothin else works ill have to send it bak unless its poss to do myself
thanks m8

yes m8 i did try it in another socket because i put in a new surge protecter and thought it might be that but still the same
i havent tried puttin them both on RGB so i will do m8 ,thanks
oh er would i have to put my sky box on that also?

yes you should try the sky box on RGB as well as the dvd, how many scarts has this tv got and are they all RGB or not???

Can you post a screen shot as an example? Just got an R73 recently myself, would be interested to see what it looks like so I can keep an eye out!

If you get no joy mate, might be worth asking over at AVforums, those guys finally persuaded me to go with the Samsung over anything else.

Your Tv has two scarts in the back, is that right? one is AV, the other is RGB(bottom One) what devices are in each one?

yes it has only got 2 scarts ,ive got dvd plugged in the bottom and sky in the top 1 ,ive swapped them round and its still the same
its doin my head in there isnt even any help on the sammy website
it even gives you the damn lines when u turn up the tv or change the channel.

Can you post a screen shot as an example? Just got an R73 recently myself, would be interested to see what it looks like so I can keep an eye out!

If you get no joy mate, might be worth asking over at AVforums, those guys finally persuaded me to go with the Samsung over anything else.

i will post a screenshot l8r today m8 ill put a couple on ,
ive never had trouble like this with sammys before so its fuckin me off
they r good telly though (as long as u dont get this shit )

Go back to basics mate

If your LCD has a Coax cable connection

Pull out all scarts and just connect your main TV coax cable directly into your tv if you still have one. This will by-pass the scart circuitry to just prove a point with your tv. If it is ok and signal is fine - take your TV back.

Go back to basics mate

If your LCD has a Coax cable connection

Pull out all scarts and just connect your main TV coax cable directly into your tv if you still have one. This will by-pass the scart circuitry to just prove a point with your tv. If it is ok and signal is fine - take your TV back.

i have a coax but only the 1 connected to my sky box m8 so ill have to run it through coax ,is that what you mean ?
but surely if its ok when i do that then theres not a problem with the tv its with summit else
thanks

i only seem to get the lines when writein comes up,say the credits or things like that but it also does it when i watch copied dvds ,so any other ideas will be great thanks

boboboy said:
it even gives you the damn lines when u turn up the tv or change the channel.

Is it like a flaring from the white writing against a black background??
Or do these lines appear across the whole screen?

How you getting on with the screen shots? might have a better idea once we see this.

Is it like a flaring from the white writing against a black background??
Or do these lines appear across the whole screen?

How you getting on with the screen shots? might have a better idea once we see this.

you get them straight up up the whole screen heres a couple of pics ,the best i could manage im afraid m8, ive put up the menu system aswell just so u can see how bad it is
thats what it is normally like on tv but its means goin through the channels to find it

Back