samsung galaxy s memory!

You should be able to change the mode...on the phone so that it prompts you for one of the three options when you plug it in.

Something like:

android-usb-connection-menu.png

You should be able to change the mode...on the phone so that it prompts you for one of the three options when you plug it in.

Something like:

android-usb-connection-menu.png

My boss has a Samsung Galaxy (wasted on him!) and I've set up a few bits for him. I found that Kies software nearly as bad as iTunes, horrible program! I do remember that you CANT change the connection type if it's already plugged into a USB port, make sure you have no cable connected and switch it on the phone.

unplugged phone from laptop..went to settings -about phone-usb settings and the list is ...samsung kies , media player , mass storage, pc internet, ask on connection..... m8 am i gettin there

so you want "ask on connection", and choose mass storage when you plug it back in. This way you will be able to browse the phone and copy off everything you need to keep.

tried that, put it on mass storage plugged it back into laptop but nowt happens , is it supposed to come on the laptop screen, should there be another icon on the desktop other than the kies os do i need to go thru the kies to look at whats on the phone! at the moment when i put kies on in the top left corner its now saying connecting to device where before it was saying connect to a device.... its got my head battered!! i appreciate everyones help on this problem very much!!thanks

You can't run Kies in Mass Storage mode, it won't connect, that's why it has different modes.

You should see an icon on "My Computer" which shows the actual phone, it will be listed as i9000 (when in mass storage)

Have you actually tried Kies mode? (btw it can take some time to show up in the application)

EDIT: You are using Win7 right?

well i put it on ask on connection plugged cable in and clicked the mass storage on the phone and i could hear that noise on the laptop when a device is plugged in. im sitting waitin.. my phone has just made a noise like a incoming message! when i drag the notifacation bar down it says usb connectedselect to copy files to/and from your computer but theres still nothing on the laptop or in the my computer m8..

I had the same thing on my missus phone, as she was prone to installing all kinds of crap she had no idea what it did. Your wife hasn't installed some launcher app or something that alters the boot up? I had to remove it for it to be recognised.

I'm kinda also running out of ideas now lol.

Do you have another PC you can use?

Last edited:
hoorayy its just came on friend!!! its popped up like when ye plug a memory stick in a lappy! clicked on browse files and everthings there! will the games and that be kept and can i delete things from the file on the laptop to clear the phones storage!! over the moon its came on after all thatthank you very much everyone for all the help and input to help me with this problem!!!cheers THANK YOU ALL

If she bought the games under a a google account, then she should technically be able to d/l them again, but i've not done that before so i can't say because I've rooted Android handsets ;)

You should be able to delete the cache folder, anything else you need to do it from the phone itself.

By the sounds of it though with all the issues i suspect you need a F/W upgrade and a factory reset.

(If you wan't to thank us, hit the rep button ;) )

Cache Cleaner + dload from market and run it should do everything for you

Back