samsung galaxy s memory!

imyeman2000

Member ++
Reaction score
hi guys ! my wife currently has a galaxy s android mobile phone, shes had it for a few months and has downloaded loads of apps. the problem is it notified her that the memory was low on space so she deleted loads of apps and messages and other things but it is still saying low on space. she hasnt got an external memory card in, and is wondering what else to do to clear space! she says it keeps saying cant recieve incoming messages till she clears space.... any help is appreciated guys shes in a right depressed mood because of it plzzz help sort this out.....helppppppppp thank you

How big is the cache folder on the phone:

It's located at:

\GT-I9000\Phone\Android\data\ (can't remember the rest as my wife has her phone on her and she's out)
\GT-I9000\Phone\Android\cache\

Is the phone rooted? What v F/W is it?

Last edited:
that was totally over my head m8! im not clued up on that type of jargon and how to do it! does she need to type that into the phone!cheers

If the phone is installed to the PC she should be able to just browse to the location and delete the cache folder (if its big) - right click - properties

Last edited:
comes up wen connected to laptop using usb lead " device driver softwarewas not successfully installed MTP USB FAILED

yes that file is on my laptop homescreen...appreciate the help friend!

yes that file is on my laptop homescreen...appreciate the help friend!

Sorry, Is that a yes? If the latest version is installed the phone should be recognised, if not try a reboot (of the phone) and do it again.

Have you installed Kies/Drivers for the phone?

if window does not find the driver and Kies will not find the phone, then do this. goto setting, application, development, and tick on USB debugging mode then OK/YES. connect the phone to pc, drop down notification menu, then USB connect, pc will dected the storage of the SGS

I was having the same trouble with my HTC Desire, even though I havent many apps installed. I cleared the cache and history of the internet browser and problem solved. On my Desire, start web, menu, more, settings,scroll down to privacy, I cleared Cookies, Cache and History. Both running Android, I expect its pretty much the same on both phones?

thanks guys will give that a try, will post outcome later! sorry havent replied sooner been to work!!! thanks again!

thanks guys will give that a try! will post outcome later, sorry havent replied sooner been to work! thanks again much appreciated...

well tried that debugging thing dragged the dropdown pressed connect but nothing happens... the computer just cant pick up the phone any other ideas guys shes getting realy p***ed off with it now. the mobile wont even let her connect to the internet now it wont delete old messages or anything....

To be honest, it sounds like your getting into the realms or wiping or doing a factory reset on the phone. Ordinarily removing apps, clearing the cache or just deleting texts should work.

i have the kies folder installed on my laptop when i click on that it comes up with instructions of problem solving and to the left at the top it says connect a devise we have tried the problem solve section and disconnected the cable troubleshoot then when thats finished and we reconnect the phone it doesnt show up it still saying connect a devise!!! its looking like it might need to be factory reset will i be able to do that and will we lose pics and things

when i went to device manager i plugged the phone in with cable and it found drivers then loaded them on , they then appeared in device manager i think it was them under disk drives is that right they are -huawei sd usb storage device-samsung gt-i9000 card usb device- samsung gt-i9000 usb device

now when plugging it in it comes up reconnect the device in samsung kies (pc studio) mode. current connection mode not supported by kies

are you able to change the mode on the phone? What i mean is if you can connect it without using Kies you should be able to browse it like a disk.

well when we plug the cable in the phone it comes up on the top connected to pc ( in the drag down bit ) but theres nowt on the comy apart from in the device manager theres those 3 files appear under devices m8! if thats any help... shes give up , shes started to take the pictures off using bluetooth and then we gonna try using the factory reset..hopefully that will give her loads of space back and she be able to get messages again...is there out else i can try before we take this drastic measure m8! cos she got loads of good games what shes paid for and looks like she will lose them!

Back