Samsung 2110 Noob question - help needed

benj

Member ++
Reaction score
I've bought a second box - a Samsung 2110c - for the bedroom with the original paired card.

Stupid me thought I could just run it ok but I'm getting Smartcard messages - saying invalid etc.

What options do I have bearing in mind this is in the bedroom and not too worried about getting all channels, just what I get with my subscription.

I don't want to go down the Eurovox or Dbox route unless I really have to but if it's the answer then so be it!

I'd be really grateful foir some pointers on best option. I've turned the box off for now and it's unplugged - until I know what's best to do witgh it!

Cheers in advance

B

I've bought a second box - a Samsung 2110c - for the bedroom with the original paired card.

Stupid me thought I could just run it ok but I'm getting Smartcard messages - saying invalid etc.

What options do I have bearing in mind this is in the bedroom and not too worried about getting all channels, just what I get with my subscription.

I don't want to go down the Eurovox or Dbox route unless I really have to but if it's the answer then so be it!

I'd be really grateful foir some pointers on best option. I've turned the box off for now and it's unplugged - until I know what's best to do witgh it!

Cheers in advance

B

you will need to have the original card "glitched" so it can be read for its BK & IRD... if infact they are still correct and not been falsed by vermin.

If details are correct you will need to disable talkback (search for 2110c guide/tutorial) and get a card wrote for the box, you will also prob have to set the net id... to your area and poss reset the pin as well unless you know it :)

Cheers for the info - I'll have a read up on some of the guides.

How easy are the cards to do? Do I need any special readers etc - if so I'm assuming I can pick somet up from fleabay?

TIA

B

EDIT - just read through one of the tuts and see that there's soldering involved and jtag - is this right??

Is this the only option open to me - never done any soldering in my life lol!

Last edited:
Cheers for the info - I'll have a read up on some of the guides.

How easy are the cards to do? Do I need any special readers etc - if so I'm assuming I can pick somet up from fleabay?

TIA

B

EDIT - just read through one of the tuts and see that there's soldering involved and jtag - is this right??

Is this the only option open to me - never done any soldering in my life lol!

No m8,

With the 2110 the only option is via a paired card and after glitching with an unlooper you can obtain the bk,
There is no option for solder or jtag, This can be only done on a 2100.

This is the unlooper I have which is really good. This unit is used to glitch your paired card to obtain the bk from boxes where there is a paired card available.

http://www.fleetcomputersystems.co.uk/tinyunloop.htm

This is the programmer which is required to rewrite an image back to the card after you have obtained the details.

http://www.fleetcomputersystems.co.uk/phoenixprog.htm

Last edited:
Cheers m8 - really helpful.

Is there a quick guide I can read so I know what I'm looking for and then what I ned to write back to the card??

TIA

B

When I write my mosc I got an image from d/loads which had all the channels and all I had to do was put my bk and ird in the boxes and write back to my card.

That's it.

If you've plugged the box in with the original smartcard in the slot then chances are that its had its details erased, assuming they weren't already erased when you got the box.

In order to get one of these boxes to work the card must of been taken offline BEFORE the subscription expired and should not of been online again since.

@ Nozzer - so presumably the box / card I have is useless bud?

So does that mean I have to go down teh Eurovox / Dbox route or do I have any other options m8?

TIA

B

just glitch the card and see if its 6D 56 then its fake and its a doorstop m8

bk and ird

Just watch!!! the ird can be fake on its own if it dosnt start with 3E its fake just get it from either the bottom of the box or the Engineer menu, i have often came across a fake ird and a real BK, you will no if the BK is fake by looking at it, FF EE FF ect, a real one will have numbers and different letters. Good luck!

Back