Help wanted for tuning a DM518s to Koreasat 5 113E

mansur0

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello Wizards & Gurus,

First Up, I'm completely new to satellite tv tinkering - I always used cable tv back home. Now that I've landed here in Shanghai, TV is quite a problem (actually the language is not the tv of course)

There's a dish outside connected to a DM518-S box in the living room. The house owner mentioned getting dream tv. Interestingly enough, there's an ethernet cable connected to the router which works.
Now, having done due diligence, I've realised that this is probably a clone & dream tv is broadcast on Koreasat 113E. I used dish pointer & it checks out with the direction that it's headed.

Now, since the internet is accesible, I downloaded what looked like the latest firmware (but it said dec 2009) - it's Pli-JADE. Now i've done all the settings mentioned in the guides available but scanning does not result in ANY lock / sync getting checked or services / others found.

So I'm really at a loss. I've spend almost 10 hrs on learning & understanding all about satellite tv & settings on dreamboxes etc. But I just can't figure it out. Can anyone help me please. If you have experience of having faced this in china, perhaps you might have some idea? also, lots of stuff are blocked (no youtube, blogspot, wordpress etc) so it's not easy hunting down info from here. I guess you can probably picture my exhausted & defeated face right now :(

Anyone?
Should I install some other image for the FTA channels of this satellite? (Living Asia is listed)

Some Details are:
Address: shanghai, china
Latitude: 31.2304°
Longitude: 121.4737°

Satellite: 113E KOREASAT 5 PALAPA Ku
Elevation: 52.5°
Azimuth (true): 196.0°
Azimuth (magn.): 202.0°

My configured LNB: 11300 (i set both hi/low to this since there's only 1 lead coming out to the receiver)
My transponder frequencies: (manually edited thru remote)

12390 V 25600; polarity=vertical; 22khz=off;
12430 V 25600;
12470 V 25600;

Thanks,
Mansur

Back