Samsung 2100 8888

oldmanken

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have come across a samsung 2100 im hoping to get working, when i plug in all i get is 8888 displayed on front, wont turn on, and dont do anything if you press any buttons. sometimes if you unplug and plug in you get partiall displays on the LED display but still wont turn on. any one got any ideas

Cheers in advance

8888 on any of the boxes basically means that the processor is failing to boot up. This could be caused by anything from flash corruption to a broken pcb track somewhere.

You could try swapping out the PSU, has been known to cause this type of problem.

Yep just tryed that mate with the PSU from my box and it started up as should do and updated to 3.6, so i suppose im looking for a PSU now then lol, cheers mate

some of the 1000uf capacitors will of blown its a really common problem on these psu's
replace all 6 caps and you'll have a fully functioning box
google "pw electronics" 20p per cap+£2 p+p, alot cheper than maplins for these components

some of the 1000uf capacitors will of blown its a really common problem on these psu's
replace all 6 caps and you'll have a fully functioning box
google "pw electronics" 20p per cap+£2 p+p, alot cheper than maplins for these components

Cheers mate fround them and just unsoldered one from the board, dos it matter what way round you solder them back in ?

YES you MUST keep the polarity the same m8
I think theres a silver stripe on one side of the caps (cant remember proper) but they are in 2 rows of three and are all the same in each row (i think lol)
look for sighns of leakage or bluging as these will be the ones that have definetly blown
although there may be others that show no sighns so this is why you should change all six
its easy m8 ive changed loads on faulty psu's.solved the problem everytime

YES you MUST keep the polarity the same m8
I think theres a silver stripe on one side of the caps (cant remember proper) but they are in 2 rows of three and are all the same in each row (i think lol)
look for sighns of leakage or bluging as these will be the ones that have definetly blown
although there may be others that show no sighns so this is why you should change all six
its easy m8 ive changed loads on faulty psu's.solved the problem everytime

opps ive already unsoldered a couple lol, no problems ive got my box that i can copy lol, will get some and give it a go cheers mate

Back