samsu g galaxy note tablet update

dilly1066

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hiya, about a month ago i decided to get a samsung galaxy note 10.1 for a change from my ipad, kept original 4.0.4 android on it and just rooted it with that on , so far really happy with it ut lately ive been reading the newer jelly bean android is rolling out for my device so im wondering how i go about updating it, getting used to android and am liking it but somethings are still abit of a learning curve and this updating is one of them, rrally dont know where to start to be honest, will i have to unroot my device some how then update to jelly bean and then root it again or ii there a way i can just update as it is keeping all my apps and settings etc, can jelly bean even be rooted or is it like waiting for ipad jailbreaks and im best sticking as i am for now ?, thanks

Hiya, about a month ago i decided to get a samsung galaxy note 10.1 for a change from my ipad, kept original 4.0.4 android on it and just rooted it with that on , so far really happy with it ut lately ive been reading the newer jelly bean android is rolling out for my device so im wondering how i go about updating it, getting used to android and am liking it but somethings are still abit of a learning curve and this updating is one of them, rrally dont know where to start to be honest, will i have to unroot my device some how then update to jelly bean and then root it again or ii there a way i can just update as it is keeping all my apps and settings etc, can jelly bean even be rooted or is it like waiting for ipad jailbreaks and im best sticking as i am for now ?, thanks

best way is to check sammobile for the latest FW for your tablet, model name should be in settings>about device, Put device in download mode and update using Odin

http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=3

Hiya, thanks for that mate, what about it been rooted then, will it stay that way or will i have to root it again .? Thanks

Back