SA8300 NetID Problem

Hi All,

@gio M8 Xmas is coming so you could send it to me? I like presents, shame you not local we could have fooked it together....LoL

a word of caution then if this box came from TW then at some point it may have to go back there to get an update! usually when this is neccessary they just go into an update loop without ever actually updating. I have this happen to a friend a whle ago and only way to get it working again was reset to TW area - Update - reset to pure then it worked fine until a number of months later and another update was required.

Very good point there TBC I think chookey as had lots of these problems in the past stuck in the update loop?

Last edited:
Ive just done one of these for my son and it works a treat hes well chuffed
sorry to tell you youve got to lift the chip come what may
The chips cannot be deleted you can reprogramme them with FFFFFFFFFFs and if in a pure it will be ok on reboot... but hey if youve lifted your chip it you might as well replace it
Ive another one here that im doing at the mo but not adverse to another lol

Ive just done one of these for my son and it works a treat hes well chuffed
sorry to tell you youve got to lift the chip come what may
The chips cannot be deleted you can reprogramme them with FFFFFFFFFFs and if in a pure it will be ok on reboot... but hey if youve lifted your chip it you might as well replace it
Ive another one here that im doing at the mo but not adverse to another lol
The chip can be erased in the programmer, no need to reprogramme with ffff's.

Chookey

Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory=E.E.P.R.O.M

Benny ive NO problem with that statement but whats it got to do with a
At24c512 chip ?
am i missing some thing ?

The 512 is an eeprom mate. The tut is wrong and I pointed out that its' erasable to perhaps save the op from needlessly rewriting it with ffff's.

Chookey

if someone could post a nice clear pic of the eeprom and its tracks..."i will show you a way to program incircut without having to remove the eep"

if someone could post a nice clear pic of the eeprom and its tracks..."i will show you a way to program incircut without having to remove the eep"

Hi All,

This any good benny59 not my pic think it might be AtmelAces?

ebay sell them for £3.50 delivery.

If i get one,is it just a matter of taking the old one off and soldering the new one on.
Im making it sound easy but im shite at soldering. Would this update ok if i do this or will i still have the problem u were talking about,about it not updating.

The guy i bought it from says i could post it back to him and pay an extra £40plus the postage there and back.

If i did this would i still have the problem of updaing in a few months when theres other updates.

Ive been reading up on this nagra 3 stuff everyones buzzing about, when do they think the shits gonnae hit the fan. Ive heard leeds already have the new cards from virgin. Whens it hitting glasgow.

I believe they r only concentrating on yorkshire for the new cards at the mo. No plans mentioned as to when and where next. If you can remove the chip and post it to me m8 I can prog it for the area you r in. Or if you really dont wanna get involved with the iron I can do the soldering if you wanna fork out the postage.

Hi All,

This any good benny59 not my pic think it might be AtmelAces?

it might have been better if the eeprom wasnt connected m8,....................isolate the track going to pin 4 and you isolate the eep from the mainboard

theres less chance of doing any damage to the pads for a novice if they solder the wires near the top of the legs while its in situ

but then again theres nothing easier than soldering a blank chip back in place if your competant

quite so - mini blowtorch a pair of tweezers and a little flux job done.

practice on some old pcbs first - its been said a 1000 times before - practce on something first then when you have the knack do the job.:)

I believe they r only concentrating on yorkshire for the new cards at the mo. No plans mentioned as to when and where next.
Not normally one to reply on hearsay but this is as close as I can say to being true. Knowing people that I know, they reckon it is likely to be between 6-8 months before "N3" affects my area.

Apparrently there was a meeting where this was discussed, I know 2 of the people who were present personally, one of whom is in the fraud section. Not saying this is fact but I don't spread rumours and I do believe what has been passed to me.

The "cool guys" who have held on to the fun fix for those unfortunate enough to be on 3 _7,should have released it, it's gonna be a short term fix anyway.

Why didn't they release it when they discovered it?

Cos they wanted to gain kudos whilst at the same time asking how to jtag a 2100 or get a 4001 out of stuck in tune. The "fix" will likely be posted soon, be sure to thank them.

Chookey

it might have been better if the eeprom wasnt connected m8,....................isolate the track going to pin 4 and you isolate the eep from the mainboard

theres less chance of doing any damage to the pads for a novice if they solder the wires near the top of the legs while its in situ

but then again theres nothing easier than soldering a blank chip back in place if your competant

Hi Benny. Can i take it from this post that the chip can be reporgrammed insitu ?
Or is there a bit more info ?

Well normally i don't like to get dragged into this sort of stuff chookey, not really my place to start bashing on people. But this was hardly the place to make comments about funcards getting fixed - not got a right lot to do with the sa8300 lol.

I personally can't say i ever looked at the funcard hex, what i do know is it has a comms timing error, but tbh i don't seem to remember people posting the KR fix for them last time either (source). Does it really matter if fun's have gone off afaik all the others are running as well as the RST hex. I don't think anybody has actually retained any fix for any other reason than they simply don't do public fixes anymore - but i have seen a few threads now where attempts have been made to get people interested in fixing things themselves. And just like every other time this sort of thing happens, they lose interest or claim an inability to learn. Well here's the kicker - "If people expect to still be FTA'ing these providers into N3 and beyond they better start getting interested" Cos if they think fixing a funcard is hard then they will not be able to continue. The more complex things get the more they will have to do to go on.

All of us start out knowing nothing at all, if we are really interested we will not just sit round watching tv, we will want to know as much as possible with no view to commerce. Yanks routinely pull off BGA chips and glitch them to compromise equipment!! People here are moaning because funs don't work lol
A simple enough comms routine, a catalogue emm decryption routine a handler and a hard coded keyroll method. no actual emulation worth mentioning. The most simple form of AU infact! And suddenly it don't work and people are complaining because those that used to fix have retired and because they are willing to share there knowledge and not give out the answer they are BAD GUYS!!
I have seen a few thread on other forums where the answer has been given in word play and still no working hex (even i got what was being said and have never even looked at a fun hex).
"foot stamping because a £2 AU card has gone off hmm, what did people expect lol - it to work forever?"

tbc

now lets please stay on topic in this thread or it gets pruned, anyone wants to start a funcard thread feel free to start your own subject to forum policy.

Hi Benny. Can i take it from this post that the chip can be reporgrammed insitu ?
Or is there a bit more info ?

disconnect the earth going to pin 4 and you can program insitu yes m8

isolate the earth from the chip, and you isolate the chip from the mainboard even though its still connected

trace the earth track from pin 4 and give it a little nick with a stanly close to a vias or a soldered connection {im assumeing the track is inview and not underneath the eeprom} i cant realy tell from the above pic

might be a lot easier for a novice repairing 1 track compared to a couple of pads

disconnect the earth going to pin 4 and you can program insitu yes m8

isolate the earth from the chip, and you isolate the chip from the mainboard even though its still connected

trace the earth track from pin 4 and give it a little nick with a stanly close to a vias or a soldered connection {im assumeing the track is inview and not underneath the eeprom} i cant realy tell from the above pic

might be a lot easier for a novice repairing 1 track compared to a couple of pads

its only a quess but i think this is the track ive marked in yellow m8 {if it is it should be fairly simple}

dont go cutting this track without checking 1st

Hi benny,

This any good at this late stage M8? (again not my pic think it might be AtmelAces).

Back