sa4000dvb ird problem

nickgen

Inactive User
Reaction score
hello when i read my nagra code in the engineers menu on the sa4000dvb and convert it to hex via windows calc it gives me 11 letters and numbers when ime sure i only need 8 any ideas ?, the box was on telewest software build 3

is this how you did it?

just to let you know how to convert it:
go into the scientific calculator in Accessories on Windows and just type in the 10 figured number, then check the hex button and it will convert it to hex for you

or theres ird converter called nsc in the downloads i`ve never had to covert so its a stab in the dark

yes thats how i did it but my nagra number is 14 digits long in 4 groups

thanks tried the proggy but it wont convert it, it says its for pace boxes mines a scientific atlanta 4000dvb if i chop of 4 digits it gives me a number but i doubt its my ird.

no you get the box key by lifting an 8 leg chip which you read with a will or similar theres a tut on a sticky at the top of the forum but you need the ird, ive never come across this prob before on a pace you can get it of a lab inside the box but not on these scientific atlanta boxes
thanks anyway
nick.....

thanks clive thats the tutorial i mentioned earlier, my problem is when i go to the engineers menu to get my nagra code its 14 numbers long so when i convert it to hex its 11 numbers long i only need 8 for an ird, ive ordered a chip reader, when it comes i hope to spot my ird in the hex on a certain line of code given in a more detailed tutorial of tangomans called sa4000tutorial v1_2 which ive put in the download section.

the nagra serial usually starts with 03
enter these in to the scientific calculater the first 0 wont enter so dont worry
enter all the numbers except the last 2
then click on the hex it will then give u an 8 digit number starting 3E ** ** **

thanks dave i tried that it didnt work ive pm you the numbers hope you can figure it out, will check when i get back tonight
thanks nick.............

The numbers are also on the back of the box. Are they the same? try converting those?

i cant convert the numbers on the back, ones a serial no and ones a rf mac all numbers and letters and over 8 digits long, thanks anyway

Something to consider ....
Nagra S/N on label under box - xx000000000000
Nagra S/N in engineers menu - 000000000000xx
Where the X's represent numbers that dont exist in the other location.
And although these are all zero I think this would throw a curve ball into hex conversions
(especially the 2 at the end)

Who knows, I have been known to speak utter rubbish .... from time to time.

Yup confirmed,
I converted the code from the sticky label (thats the one with extra two zeros at beginning and two on the end chopped off)
This gives me a good 8 digit hex code which starts with the 3E

I recomend you try the same mate, if your label is gubbed knock off the last two zeros and add two zeros to the start of number in the eng menu and try converting that.

"why convert the nagra serial?????" if you dumped the u50 to get the bk then you also dumped the ird aswell------------its the 1st 8 digits before the bk begining with 3E

LOL yeh if the chips been dumped already its a bit of a waste of time.

But if anyone cant be bothered dumping chips Id like to hear feedback on if my method is working for anyone else.

so your getting your ird but can the bk be got this way if not then back to the old dumping chips ????

Al-z said:
LOL yeh if the chips been dumped already its a bit of a waste of time.

But if anyone cant be bothered dumping chips Id like to hear feedback on if my method is working for anyone else.

@Al-z

How do I covert the number and with what proggy

Thnx

hi there davidh
been messing around searching the forums 4 days trying to find my ird on my sa 4000dvb got a 3e number now hoping its the ird
THANKS VERY MUCH

Back