S10 Red Light only

Re: red light district

not that i can see, is there anyway to check,also anyway to tell model etc from insides.

you can look at the mainboard for numbers.
front left on mine says M41320
under the cam slot area it says HD632SMB v1.0
real s10

cant see any numbers, just tried a dump but get same stb memory error.

check the cam slot pins.
a couple of bent pins shorted together would foul you up.

Have checked, all seems ok, found hd632mb V1.5 on board, had a look, cant see any burnt chips etc.

will clean well out of box.

I found a loader for the engel RC5320 receiver,it is v2.0.0c but the eromclient.abs is smaller than the usual one.
The usual is 56k and this one was 54k.
The sdram.ini was identical.
The loader wouldn't work on my good s10,so I am skeptical.
It would load to ram but fail the flash process.I couldn't get any details on that receiver,it may be something beyond m3602

after putting back and using s10 fixer 5-5.abs now getting com port error. better than beforre.

The factory test page(if your receiver was booting) menu,info,11111 has a test for rs232 if you plug in a loopback connector.
A moot point if the receiver is dead but worth mentioning for working receivers with comport problems.
I can post just the eromclient.abs to keep casual users from attempting to use it on a good receiver.
It replaces the one in the v2.0.0c loader.Rename your original eromclient.abs first and try that one.

Attachments

• eromclient.abs.zip
    21.4 KB · Views: 16

on a good receiver the factory test menu rs232 input test shows characters typed into a pc terminal program,no looback connector needed.I used teratermpro to verify the cable and rs232 port on mine with firmware 9-14-2011
should be the same results on all firmware,but I will test a few others.

I haven't tried it on a dead receiver yet,but maybe you can try using a terminal program to bombard the receiver with
cccccccccccccccccccccccccc during the power on phase, then after a while when your finger gets tired close the terminal program and try the loader v2.0.0c keeping your hands away from the receiver power switch.The loader uses ccccccccccccccccccccc to get the receiver's attention for loading.

Have tried again with files suggested, no luck

get

COM test error!
Opening serial port failed.

this is after sync with serail port.

I would try disconnecting the front panel and everything that plugs into the mainboard except the power supply.
Tuner,front panel,and try again.

have done, still the same probs, can you recommend a terminal prog to try.

I use ttpro
You only have to type in cccccccccccc until you see cccccccccccc on the pc screen.
The trick didn't work with the loader like mentioned previously on dead receivers.

Attachments

• ttp2.3.zip
    363.9 KB · Views: 12

thanks again, will try everything i can, theres been mention of jtag but i cant do this.

s10 has no jtag port.
It doesn't sound like a flash problem anyway,more of a hardware problem.
Does the processor get warm when turned on? or any other chips?
Maybe one of the ram chips is toast.
Look for solder shorts.
You may have to remove the mainboard from the case eventually.

there is warmth on the board, will have a closer look at all chips and reflow if i can. tried the cccccc terminal thing, got nothing, always seem to get com error, cant sync to com port when using firmware upgrade.

Back