S10 Red Light only

blokeunknown73

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys

Got an S10 with the red light only problem

Tried to reflash LOTS of times with no joy, how can i use a terminal program to check rs232 port on box,

any other things to try, another forum suggested new power board.

any help please.

Thanks

Have tried this, lots, still nothing.

how can i test the rs232 on the box and see whats going on.

know the cables ok coz used to flash dreambox, and standard com port on desktop computer

cant even save dump. comes up with usual errors.

Thanks
Have tried this, lots, still nothing.
how can i test the rs232 on the box and see whats going on.
You can't,even with a terminal program on the pc, basket case receivers will show nothing on the rs232 port.
If the bootloader section in flash is ok,you will see "app init ok" with a terminal program.
Maybe the dreambox uses a straight thru cable?

on some dead receivers,if you type in the letter ccccccccccccc continuously with a terminal program the receiver may respond with a caret >:
Usually the bootloader section has to be intact for that.

ok, thanks, will try, another person suggested new power board but i cant see how this will help if bad flash or no bootloader. dreambox is def. a null modem cable

It would be a big coincidence for the power supply to crap out right after a firmware change.
The voltages are silk screened on the power supply connector; gnd 5v 5v gnd 12v 24v 12v gnd
A new power supply would probably cost as much as the receiver.
Slap a digital voltage meter on it.

It would be a big coincidence for the power supply to crap out right after a firmware change.
The voltages are silk screened on the power supply connector; gnd 5v 5v gnd 12v 24v 12v gnd
A new power supply would probably cost as much as the receiver.
Slap a digital voltage meter on it.

there are only 6, 5v,5v,gnd,12v,24v,gnd

i get 4.8v,4.8v,gnd,11.3v,23.9v,gnd on testing

should i try and swap power board? how exact do they have to be?

Have tried all guides on here and many firmwares and software with the same error so lets get back to basics

desktop pc, windows xp, dedicated com port, com1

advise on timing please, open software, com1, 115200, even, upgrade with bootloader

box off, click next, box on

if box is on asks for reset at start

always get an upgrade error or stb memory error.

Have tried all guides on here and many firmwares and software with the same error so lets get back to basics

desktop pc, windows xp, dedicated com port, com1

advise on timing please, open software, com1, 115200, even, upgrade with bootloader

box off, click next, box on

if box is on asks for reset at start

always get an upgrade error or stb memory error.
the sdram.ini and eromclient.abs must match the type of receiver you have,or you will get those errors.The file I posted has a 56k eromclient.abs and the sdram.ini is for a 3602 based receiver with 128MB of ram.Other variations of these files were for older receivers and won't work.
Other versions don't even have those files mentioned and should be avoided.There was also a v2.0.0c that didn't have those files,that should be avoided.
The file I posted works for me all the time,I have killed the receiver many times now and recovered.

Actually,going back to your title you shouldn't have any lights on if the receiver is dead.
Mine never showed any signs of life when dead,completely black.

just red light on front of box.

trying again. no display on screen, is there anyway to tell what files are needed by the insides of the box?

appreciate all the help

ebay box so dont know old system

red light district

red light may actually indicate a hardware problem,like the receiver is almost booting but bad hardware is preventing it(like bad ram)
Any ethernet action?

Re: red light district

not that i can see, is there anyway to check,also anyway to tell model etc from insides.

Re: red light district

on connecting box to router with ethernet cable, the light on the router comes on when powering up the box.

Back