Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

rules it seem that new member not reading it

Could new members not have their own room called something like the Freshman room. They are only allowed to post in other areas once their 5 decent posts have been authorised.
This would make it easier for admin to delete the crap and stop all the spamming on the rest of the forum.
Maybe have a prominent banner at the top regarding the 5 decent posts rule.

Pitty we couldn't have a hack that directed newbies to the downloads rules every time they logged on until they had successfully made 5 decent posts ;)

Would this be possible @Mick ?

Great idea...
New members seem to be so desperate to get to the downloads they totally skip the rules and then post asking why they can not download..The ones who read are the ones who clock post....Carnt win..

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for getting fixed because I'm sure something was done for it to now be working , but a few people on here keep going on about 5 posts to download for newbies :Chainsaw: maybe aiming the fact I've only made 4 post, there is also an option to pay for the privilege which i did!! ££££££££:hubbahubba:
None of the posts about the 5 post rule were aimed at you mate. This is a thread about new members trying to skip that rule by posting shite.
You hijacked this thread, you really should have started your own.

None of the posts about the 5 post rule were aimed at you mate. This is a thread about new members trying to skip that rule by posting shite.
You hijacked this thread, you really should have started your own.

Moved posts and created a new thread mate.

:Cheers: no probs look all sorted . if you want a view unless you sit on forums all day not everyone know theres rules i was just looking for a bit of help thats why i looked for admin!! and as for the five post rule get rid of it make people pay a fiver to sign up its worth the money when your in need of some help and a download!! because i tried that 5 post when i signed up and it never worked!!

We don't want to make anyone do anything..people have a choice and it's very simple and very fair..we want to encourage members to take part in threads have some input get involved in some discussions submit 5 worthwhile posts and contribute and help others if possible it's not all about downloads for everyone.
If you tried the 5 posts then your posts were obviously deemed to be none worthwhile post clocking or you never waited the further 24 hours required after joining..
Besides its all by the by now as you have become a premium member and contributed to the maintainance of the forum..

Its nice when people contribute financialy but it is purely a volountary thing server costs have to be met some way and any member contributions help towards that. Its not designed as a short cut to forum privillages that's purely a perk for new members.

Back