RSA Key extraction?

You did.. !!

I have done it loads of times, when the movies pin problem was around I think it's ocd demon though, not commander from memory (it was roughly 3 years ago so cant remember)

Would need a willem to dump the ST chip though.

EDIT : Yes, it was ocd demon for reading, then commander for writing. !! Here is a tut that originated from this site I found in my files for dumping ram.

ocdemon flash programer to be precise m8...theres no such software as ocd demon, only ocd commander.........when people refer to ocd in this section they normaly mean "commander".

ocdemon flash programer reads and writes both the st micro and nvram on the 4000/4010...........ocd commander was limited to writeng small macros, {it wont read or write the full dumps from the st micro or the nvram}

Last edited:
Sorry to butt in but...
I rem the macro game i bought 2 soic clips thinking it would be easier than soldering. Boy was i wrong!!! I also rem it being termed like Mission Impossible, Cut the red wire then the blue like bomb disposal ended up selling 1.
Now i still have a box set up to read the nvram chip but reading/writing is slow with ocd. But im willing to give it a go prob is i have no idea what to look for or which bit to dump. Dumping the lot will prob take a day plus

Sorry to butt in but...
I rem the macro game i bought 2 soic clips thinking it would be easier than soldering. Boy was i wrong!!! I also rem it being termed like Mission Impossible, Cut the red wire then the blue like bomb disposal ended up selling 1.
Now i still have a box set up to read the nvram chip but reading/writing is slow with ocd. But im willing to give it a go prob is i have no idea what to look for or which bit to dump. Dumping the lot will prob take a day plus

your talking about useing a 4000/4010 model as a donour box to get the nvram info from a 1000/2000 model that you cant jtag m8.

it would be easier getting 2 4000 models or 2 4010's from the same area thats gone n3, jtagging both of them then compare both dumps...see what you get ?

your looking for 2 diffrences at the same addresses between dumps of 96 and 128 bytes.

each byte is represented as a two-digit hexadecimal number{so its a fairly big diffrence between dumps compared to the pin number or ird}.

your talking about useing a 4000/4010 model as a donour box to get the nvram info from a 1000/2000 model that you cant jtag m8.

it would be easier getting 2 4000 models or 2 4010's from the same area thats gone n3, jtagging both of them then compare both dumps...see what you get ?

your looking for 2 diffrences at the same addresses between dumps of 96 and 128 bytes.

each byte is represented as a two-digit hexadecimal number{so its a fairly big diffrence between dumps compared to the pin number or ird}.

Me again
Ok thats sounds easier than i was expecting looks like ill be going to get the donor box out then. But i aint gone N3 yet but i will be ready for when i do. As for model no.s i only have sammys, 4001 and 4010s here to worry about so all jtag able. Never seen a 1000 or 2000 series

nvram? really?

willy wonko and the chocolate factory strikes again .............dont realy understand your question m8 ??????.............................i assume you mean this info isn't stored in nvram

y is it neccessary to be so obnoxious about pointing something out. Is the statement "it is not stored there" too difficult?

What has happened to this forum lately? Some people are always trying to score points off of others

actualy I think it was a very good contribution from wonko and I know its saved me wasting my time.

Thanks Wonko

PS
Any chance of a push in the right direction now we know where it aint stored.

Any chance of a push in the right direction now we know where it aint stored.

Not that many alternative really are there ?

There's really only 3 types of memory in the box, Flash, Ram and NVRam. If you've illiminated one then theres only two left to try...........

Unfortunately, both are pretty huge. Flash is a megabyte or more and Ram is usually a lot bigger still !

score points?

no

my intent was to make the poster think about what they were doing (and why) rather than just give a solution

Don't mean to dig up and old thread but did anyone make any headway... i think some of you are onto something here even though i'm not in the uk :)

I see that the famous Polish guy who extracts the boxkey and RSA from receivers for people was busted by Polish police a few weeks ago .

I see that the famous Polish guy who extracts the boxkey and RSA from receivers for people was busted by Polish police a few weeks ago .

haa haha well thats the best news iv herd all week m8, he was ripping folks of anyway! i hope he gets life

haa haha well thats the best news iv herd all week m8, he was ripping folks of anyway! i hope he gets life

Thats the sort of pathetic post that pisses me off.

I would never wish that on anybody.

As for ripping people off ... well that depends, he was only offering a service for people who could not do it themselves. Thats life. We all pay other people to do jobs we could not do ourselves.

But if you think you could offer a better service and free ...

...Hey everyone, geforcefx offering free RSA key extraction!!!!!!!!!!!!

...Hey everyone, geforcefx offering free RSA key extraction!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sign me up then, do I PM you, or Geforce?

;)

Joking aside, I thought I'd catch up on this today elsewhere, before I make the final jump to Sat.

It looks like it's already been done, and possibly fairly easily, but everybody who posts anything on this subject seems to have a massive chip on their shoulder when idiots like me want any info how to progress. (That's not a dig at you BTW Hackmax, I mean from what I read today, elsewhere.)

Whats that saying? Those who can. Teach. ;)

None taken.

But if the community had less wannabe's and more people making an effort then some progress would be made.

This cable scene is dead and we should bury it now tbh.

None taken.

Good, thanks.

But if the community had less wannabe's and more people making an effort then some progress would be made.

Trouble is, yes there are wannabe's, (we can see that from this thread, and many others,;) ) but there are also people like me, who would make the effort, (just so we can keep the wife and kid happy) but get castigated for wanting a point in the right direction.

This cable scene is dead and we should bury it now tbh.

Sadly, it does look that way.

Ah well, it's been fun. It's like kicking the best mistress into touch, you know you're going miss the fun, but have to do it anyway. :)

Back