ROM11 blocker card in a dm500c question

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a pace box downstairs with a good rom11blocker image that's stood the test of time but my upstairs i've a dreambox 500c and again ,like many other's its down once again.

so im wondering if it would be possible to use the rom11 card in the dreambox considering its got the slot for it.
any links or tutorial's on how i would go about it would be great , thankyou.

sorry for the follow nut ive serached n searched on DW for the thread from roughly early this year were the subject about rom11's in a db was brought up but i never actually spent the time to test.
if anyone happens to stumble on the thread please drop a link here.i dont actually think the thread was started about rom11's i think it just headed that way.

i have a pace box downstairs with a good rom11blocker image that's stood the test of time but my upstairs i've a dreambox 500c and again ,like many other's its down once again.

so im wondering if it would be possible to use the rom11 card in the dreambox considering its got the slot for it.
any links or tutorial's on how i would go about it would be great , thankyou.

there is information on the net for using a card in the dm-500 instead of the rom images .

can you please PM links please , im struggling to find any info.

if the card functions normally, and does not require the hacked pace box so you can use it then you can install a card server. if you are using mgcamd or evocamd then newcs is what you need to install.

for instance if using gemini image then:

-open blue panel
-goto addons, download from gemini server
-click cam, install newcs
-click cam configs and download config for newcs
-insert card
-select mgcamd/newcs combo as cam selection
-restart cams

(default configs already setup for loopback/auto login of local box so mgcamd will autoconnect to newcs)

obviously will vary depending on image you are using, or if you want to manualy do it

I use this setup on gemini2 to run a conax and seca2 card in my 7025sc

regards,

marty

btw once this works you can share your card with some of us. msg me and ill give details of how :) newcs has a simple web interface that you can allocate usernames and passwords to your newcs server

Last edited:
Thanks for the insight marty much appreciated.basically i have a good working rom11 image and my pace 1000 box works fine and never has a problem AU'ing.
i bought a dm500c and i would like to know if i bought a blank rom11 and progged it the same BK IRD as the pace box card could i use this in the dm500c ?.
i did read ages ago you can by changing the BK in the cam or something then this/that and the other and installing whatever but i,ve struggled to find the thread or anything similar.

thanks for the offer for CS but the box is for upstairs and there's no net connection up there so for the kids room just so i dont have to be arsing around and i can leave it and forget about it.

if you do have an idiots guide that would be handy but thanks for the explanation it does make sense ,,,,,i think :)

from what i read and understand you need an image without the blocker so it can be read properly and stuff....

so were do you actually make the changes to the cam for the BK and IRD ?.

good man :) i just fancy something different as apposed to sit here waiting of a fix + if it works then you can forget about the box n let it ride !.

I have often thought about trying this method out would love to see how people get on as ive got few spare cards floating about and like u said MOSC cards have been the only one left standing.

this dose work you need to do it with newcamd anyone in pure here have a box on a network

2tone do you have some tuts on the subject / i do know you have to edit stuff (bk ird stuff) but a guide would be handy then i'll report back how i got on .
(sits here dynamite plugged in , ROM11 , , southern comfort n ice :) )

this dose work you need to do it with newcamd anyone in pure here have a box on a network

It does work.

I've been doing it for months as an experiment on Telewest.

I'm delighted to see a user setting up a server and asking for testers, eventually....ALL cable hacking will be done this way.

Great stuff 2tone, we need more people like u.

REP to 2tone.

well im certainly up for it i just need a bit of guidance.

been messing about with this for a while for a friend using a dreambox as a server but now playing about with a linxu pc with ubuntu

what image you got on your box silverdale

sounds good.
if i get mine done i will host a server no probs all fun and helps a.

Back