rom 10/11 image check sa4200

mentholflash01

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all
can anyone tell me wats wrong with these images as i only get smartcard invalid or not subscribed
thanks

For the Rom10 one several things stand out.

Firstly, the code section is a mess !
The image has obviously been taken from an unlooped card without any form of repair to the bugcatcher table. NagraEdit fixes this easily enough and restores the image to A16 level.

Next major problem is that your image had two identical tier8's. This will likely confuse the box.

Also, one of the tier7's had incorrect Emm keys. You appear to of used the Rom11 set. These are different to the Rom10 set although for A16 images this particular keyset is not actually used !

There were also a few other minor problems, tier order for tier6's and 7's was wrong with you having the secondary provider appearing first. Also the TierC spending limits was very definately wrong !

I've attached a repaired version with the visible faults fixed. There may be more but its something for you to play with.

Note that this image has no blocker or defenses. If you stick it in a box it will update to A86 and lock. A simple kludge for testing is to set $C0A0 to $FE. This will stop the card taking updates !

The Rom11 attempt looks much better but the immediate thing that sticks out is the tier2 - Provider filter. The IRD Status is set to 80. Any tier that has the top bit of the status byte set (ie >= $80) is disabled so, in this case you have effectively disabled the card !

hi mate thanks for tidying the image
just a couple of questions
set $C0A0 to $FE
do i just type fe in the first number set for $c0a0
The IRD Status is set to 80
wat should this be set to
and thanks again mate
cheers

IRD Status should be 00 in most cases

In NagraEdit find the line starting with C0A0 and then change the first number in that line (06) to FE.

hi mate
with rom 11 image i get movies but the box reports smartcard invalid when switched to uk gold channels
any ideas why
thanks for ya help mate

That sounds odd !

Its giving you premium channels but not the standard ones. I cant see any immediate problem with the actual image and it seems to work ok here but just in case you have a fussy box i've fixed the codespace up somewhat so the bugcatchers are functional and slightly re-jigged your tiers. The C0A0 mod is also done so it wont update revisions.

hi mate
still the same result any ideas wat to do next
thanks for sortin the image thou mate
cheers

Back