*ritish Gas sharp practice?, scam? take a look

bluesboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Been with BG for years, resisted changing, no particular reason,lazy maybe. Has come to my attention this practice of Estimated readings. two things have come out of it, now they only read the meters maybe once a year, so they make estimates, sometimes maybe 10kW in a month??/ So then the price of Gas or electricity goes up, I believe they can charge you the new rate since your last meter reading, that can amount to a tidy sum. Secondly if you pay by DD all of a sudden it's not 50 a month any more it's 150 to catch up on what they havent billed. Just one more, do they tell you about the best prices they, for sure do not any BG customers have a look at the energy 6 tariffs, no tie ins and save yourself a few quid. My advice change as soon as you get the chance.

Can stand them also, when I moved house even though they took reading for my electric I did not get a bill and when I phoned to get it sorted I was told I was on a card, then after more than year I got hit with a £750 bill, it was reduced to £500 but ever month they change the direct debit to what they want, I am sick of them.

Back