rgh xbox

Dave, is it me, but is Dazling not missing a wire from A ? thought there was 3 wires that went to the bottom of the board on a Phat?

@ dazzling, thing that's a nand-x update cable, used for updating the nand-x it's self, not needed for an install (sure that's what it is)

you get your CPU key from the nand when it's read, I'll have to have another look over at the tut for j-runner, as I thought it was all connected before you read the nand-x and then simply followed the tut? or did I miss something...

Dibbers at the TX forum Tut it does show 3 wires going though but on the RGH2 tut it only shows 1 connection on the reverse of the board im not 100% on it thats why i posted pics here lol

PS: I have switched the coolrunner to prg and the xbox booted perfect so alls good i hope ?

Last edited:
good work then mate, can you post me the link so I can have a read of it (no hotlink though)

That's why we need a bit more clarity on this now as times have changed over the last 6 month.

So your doing the RGH2 hack..... interesting......

So dashboard pre 14699 can be done the RGH1 and then the dash what you have put on needs to be done RGH2 way?

:CRYBABY:

Nand Initialization Finished
Comparing...
Bad Block ID @ 0x034B [Offset: 0xD95600]
Bad Block ID 034B Found @ 0x03FF [Offset: 0x107BE00]
Block ID 03FF [Offset: 0x107BE00] remapped to Block ID 034B [Offset: 0xD95600]
Bad Blocks Remapped
Bad Block ID @ 0x034B [Offset: 0xD95600]
Bad Block ID 034B Found @ 0x03FF [Offset: 0x107BE00]
Block ID 03FF [Offset: 0x107BE00] remapped to Block ID 034B [Offset: 0xD95600]
Bad Blocks Remapped
Nands are the same
Programming Coolrunner
Flashing C:\Users\Dazzle\Downloads\common\xsvf\falconrgh2.xsvf to CoolRunner
Input Filesize: 593E
Output Filesize: 2C82
Done!

Exited!

* unpacking flash image, ....
ECC'ed - will unecc.
UnECC'ed
* found decrypted CD
* found XeLL binary, must be linked to 0x1c000000
* we found the following parts:
SMC: 1.6
CB_A: 5773
CB_B: 5773
CD (image): 5773
CD (decrypted): 9452
* checking required versions...
ok
* patching SMC...
Patching Falcon version 1.6 SMC at offset 0x12A3
* Replacing CD...

* XOR HACK NEEDED FOR CB 5773
* patching CB_B...
patchset for 5772 found, 4 patch(es)
* Applying XOR Hack to CB_B 5773
*** Re-encrypting CB_B with xor keystream
*** Fixing entrypoint
* Replacing CB_A 5773 with 5772
* encrypting CB...
* constructing new image...
* base size: 70000
* No separate recovery Xell available!
* Flash Layout:
0x0..0x1FF (0x200 bytes) Header
0x200..0xFFF (0xE00 bytes) Padding
0x1000..0x3FFF (0x3000 bytes) SMC
0x4000..0x7FFF (0x4000 bytes) Keyvault
0x8000..0x9ABF (0x1AC0 bytes) CB_A 5772
0x9AC0..0x1313F (0x9680 bytes) CB_B 5772
0x13140..0x1913F (0x6000 bytes) CD 9452
0x19140..0xBFFFF (0xA6EC0 bytes) Padding
0xC0000..0xFFFFF (0x40000 bytes) Xell (backup)
0x100000..0x13FFFF (0x40000 bytes) Xell (main)
* Encoding ECC...Done!
------------- Written into output\image_00000000.ecc

Arm Version: Version: 03
Flash Config: 0x00000000
Can not Continue

and i dont know why ?

After you have written to cool runner board, you need to write .ecc file to nand of Xbox.

Have you connected wires back to nandx?

After you have written to cool runner board, you need to write .ecc file to nand of Xbox.

Have you connected wires back to nandx?

Yes all wires connected but will not write the .ecc
wrote to the coolrunner no problem made the .ecc no problem but wont write the .ecc

reset the nandx , theres a reset button on it , you will need a pin or small object to reset it , then try again.Also check your soldering , apply a bit more flux and reflow your solder.

reset the nandx , theres a reset button on it , you will need a pin or small object to reset it , then try again.Also check your soldering , apply a bit more flux and reflow your solder.

Have reset Nand x re done all my solder joints and still no luck think it mite be the Nand-x as lights are Red and Yellow and think they should be Red and Green ?

Think ive fooked it all up lol

Red and Yellow is right dazling , did you at anytime boot the xbox up with the nandx connected?
Have reset Nand x re done all my solder joints and still no luck think it mite be the Nand-x as lights are Red and Yellow and think they should be Red and Green ?

Think ive fooked it all up lol

Red and Yellow is right dazling , did you at anytime boot the xbox up with the nandx connected?

Nope never booted it up Dave it has now worte the .ecc but errored all the way through and now box wont boot and now cant read the nand think ive definatly fooked it now although i have got the original nand read

Sounds like solderings the issue dazling , do not lose them nand dumps , save them in a few places m8.
Nope never booted it up Dave it has now worte the .ecc but errored all the way through and now box wont boot and now cant read the nand think ive definatly fooked it now although i have got the original nand read

The affected wires, are those in your picture one. It looks like the orange one is broken to me. Don't worry about the wires to/from coolrunner for time being.

The affected wires, are those in your picture one. It looks like the orange one is broken to me. Don't worry about the wires to/from coolrunner for time being.

i will redo all the wires again but they do all feel good and look ok to me the orange is not broken its just laying over that way.

If i cant get this done can someone on here have a go for me please?

You can send it my way , but dont do too much damage in the meantime :)
i will redo all the wires again but they do all feel good and look ok to me the orange is not broken its just laying over that way.

If i cant get this done can someone on here have a go for me please?

You can send it my way , but dont do too much damage in the meantime :)

Thanks dave will have another go tomorrow and if still no good ill get your addy and send it your way

Dave i had no luck it wont read the nand or nothing after it wrote the .ecc but errored all the way through i do have the nand dumps though and it wont turn on now can it still be sorted ( or a chance it can)

If there is a chance then can you PM me your addy and weather you just want the mother board or if you want it put back together etc:

Many Thanks

PM sent dazling
Dave i had no luck it wont read the nand or nothing after it wrote the .ecc but errored all the way through i do have the nand dumps though and it wont turn on now can it still be sorted ( or a chance it can)

If there is a chance then can you PM me your addy and weather you just want the mother board or if you want it put back together etc:

Many Thanks

Back