rgh xbox

Download J-Runner , that`s all you will need , there`s a pdf tutorial with it.

what about the wiring diagram thats not in the pdf ? or will that come with the kit and the coolrunner?

Has anybody got an idiots guide to installing i have tried to follow some tuts but they just dont seen detailed enough lol (prob me being thick)
all the tuts i have read are relating to the QSB install and not the wire install HELP!!!!

I take it once the wires are installed you connect to the coolrunner to read the nand?

for some reason i just cant get my head round it lol

Last edited:
The nand-x is used to read and write your nand, the coolrunner is the hardware/software that's used to make the machine glitch before it boots.

I'm not up to scratch on it as my attempt in the winter 2011 failed as had a bad block when I read the nand-x back and silly me then wrote to the nand with a bad block...make sure what ever you do you have 2 matching dumps before you do anything else. (seems as though that the jrunner will do all that for you now though)

there's a thread over there with an install for Phats and Slims (I'd stay away from them QSB's mate)

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

and also a "jrunner" guide here.

Code:

Code:

Coolrunner-Slim-install-prin.jpg

Coolrunner-Phat-install-prin.jpg

Just had a look at that JRunner and all looks sweet, seems as though it's a one stop shop for doing it all.

Good luck mate.

oh and an old soldering post here (ignore the QSB's though mate they are a lot of hassle)

Last edited by a moderator:
ok i think im slowly understanding it lol just 1 more ? (for now anyway) what firmware should the xbox be on is it safe to update to the latest or not?

The latest guide is Guide currently based on Dashboard 2.0.15574.0, and that's the latest file there, so I'd say yeah. but hang in there, some one will confirm.

Links updated - 22/06/12

Code:
Code:
Code:
Code:
Code:
Code:
Code:
Code:
Code:
Code:
Code:

Last edited:
Do not update to the latest dash , as you will not be able to glitch it.If you want RGH1 go to 14699 dash , if you want RGH2 go to 14719 , if you are not bothered about dual nands at a later date stick with RGH1 , as its boot times are better.

nice one Dave..... how come the guides are out with a later dash? just interested that's all...

As there is no way to get your cpukey from the latest dash , but if you already have the key you can make a hacked image from the latest dash.

aha! I see.........cheers for that........good job your around eh? hats off to ya!

Do not update to the latest dash , as you will not be able to glitch it.If you want RGH1 go to 14699 dash , if you want RGH2 go to 14719 , if you are not bothered about dual nands at a later date stick with RGH1 , as its boot times are better.

it looks like i stuck with RGH2 then as reading the tuts i found it said to update to 14719 so thats what i did.

not on the advice I gave mate? I did post "wait" after writing what I wrote, ah man I don't think you can glitch that console now as you don't have your CPU key. ....:'(

EDIT: Sorry just read that the latest dash is 15574 which I thought he'd gone too....phew.....

Last edited:
Dave, were going to need some clarity and the like on what can be done now, the thread "what boxes" is out-dated now at the top of here.

Ok peeps i found time tonight to have a play and to try and follow the tuts i read the nand via j-runner before i installed the coolrunner and had 1 bad block that got repaired is that ok? but am i right in thinking you need the coolrunner connected to get the CPU key ?

anyway i have now also installed the coolrunner but am not going to try it yet untill i hear back from you guys to see if i installed it correctly.
Also can you tell me what the usb cable that connects to the nand x next to the nand bit? pic included
Thanks
I have MS so am a little shakey so please take that into account before taking the piss at my handy work lol

Attachments

• _MG_0311.JPG
    _MG_0311.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 17
  • _MG_0312.JPG
    _MG_0312.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 18
  • _MG_0313.JPG
    _MG_0313.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 12
  • _MG_0314.JPG
    _MG_0314.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 13
  • _MG_0315.JPG
    _MG_0315.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 7
Dazling put the coolrunner switch to `PRG` and see if the xbox boots to dash , if it does it means your soldering is ok.

Dave, is it me, but is Dazling not missing a wire from A ? thought there was 3 wires that went to the bottom of the board on a Phat?

@ dazzling, thing that's a nand-x update cable, used for updating the nand-x it's self, not needed for an install (sure that's what it is)

you get your CPU key from the nand when it's read, I'll have to have another look over at the tut for j-runner, as I thought it was all connected before you read the nand-x and then simply followed the tut? or did I miss something...

Back