RF to Aerial Connection for Ch0rus mmds

smaccurtin

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi lads and lasses,

This is probably a totally stupid question but then again that's why I'm a newbie.

I got my DM600T yesterday and was all set to hook it up to the telly and start playing with it.

When I started taking the connections off my existing mmds Ch0rus box it had screw off connections and the input said "RF in".

In the DM600T the input is "AER in" and is your regular looking aerial connection - if that makes sense.

Do I need to do anything special with this? ...What do I need to convert one to the other?
Will I lose any quality by converting one to the other?

I am intending on going to Maplin after work to see if I can get something... I would like to know if there is anything else I should look in to getting while I'm at it.

I appreciate any advice from anyone who's just starting off or any senior members

Nice one,
smaccurtin.

Just get an ftype to aerial adapter, that's all you need. Same as what's required for a dbox.

Thanks for the quick response, I'll let you know how I get on this evening when I start really playing with it... Once the soaps or finished... The minister for the interior must see the soaps ;-)

Another quick question for you... The cable that's coming out of the Ch0rus mmds box is going into a black box that connects back to the aerial socket in the wall.

Do I need to put the adapter on to this (back box) (which may just be some kind of repeater or something...) or can I just connect direct from the FType connection coming out of the Aerial socket?

Sorry, you got me there, I have no idea, hopefuilly someone else is better able to reply?

Back