Rewire help..with new regs

doom11

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi guys,

i have a few questions regarding the new regs and a rewire.

1. must the lights in the hall/stairs be on there own circuit?

2.mains smoke detectors is it better to have them on ther own circuit of in with the hall/stairs lighting circuit...i personaly think it would be better in with the lights.

3.hob and oven circuits...would it be good practice to run 2 seperate circuits in for these?
the reason for this is i dont know the the load of the oven or the hob yet.
i was thinking of running in 2 x 6mm cables (future proof) in for both thinking this should be ample as the kitchen is only 5m away from mains.
i know i would probly get away putting oven on kitchen ring but dont want to risk overload.
what is the best looking switchs to isolate these circuits within the mk logic range..nothing to bulky.

I would be greatfull if any sparkys out there could fill in the blanks for me.:Biggrin2:

:THANKS:

If you run smokes on separate circuit you will need to address nuisance tripping, ie all rcbo design or separate rcbo on the 17th board. Other wise I don't see any problem with your post but I do have a thumping hangover :(

If you run smokes on separate circuit you will need to address nuisance tripping, ie all rcbo design or separate rcbo on the 17th board. Other wise I don't see any problem with your post but I do have a thumping hangover :(

Thanks for your reply Mickie D.

Hope you recover soon....lol

what would you use to isolate the 2 circuits for oven and hob?

This is the board im using

https://www.screwfix.com/prods/8090...10-Way-Fully-Insulated-Dual-RCD-Consumer-Unit

thanks again m8
:THANKS:

If you dont like the look of the bulky 45a switches (which I agree) put
the switch and pattress in a cupboard local to the cooker and hob.
As long as they are accessible its fine.
That Wylex board is fine, we use them all the time.

If you dont like the look of the bulky 45a switches (which I agree) put
the switch and pattress in a cupboard local to the cooker and hob.
As long as they are accessible its fine.
That Wylex board is fine, we use them all the time.

What breaker size breakers for these circuits do you think? i dont now the load or size yet of hob or oven but might need to order extra breakers.
40amp for hob and 32amp oven.

what do you think?

I would of said 32a for both circuits if they are 6mm cable.

Yeah unless you calculate your volt drop you will not have allot to play with on 6mm... 32amp all day on 6mm if variables and unknown.

I take it you are not a fully qualified sparky lol... then I should suggest that you get someone in who actually knows what he is doing matey ;)

Have you no friends that are electricians that you can get round buy them a beer and ask them if you do the wiring to there standard would they pass it for you mate.

Which again is bad lol but hey I know your gonna do it anyway lmao.

Mickie

Yeah unless you calculate your volt drop you will not have allot to play with on 6mm... 32amp all day on 6mm if variables and unknown.

I take it you are not a fully qualified sparky lol... then I should suggest that you get someone in who actually knows what he is doing matey ;)

Have you no friends that are electricians that you can get round buy them a beer and ask them if you do the wiring to there standard would they pass it for you mate.

Which again is bad lol but hey I know your gonna do it anyway lmao.

Mickie

:roflmao:
who me!!!
Thanks agan

Back