Anyone got mounted tablets with Kiosk app?

Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone gone down the route of wall mounting tablets around the home with always on display using some sort of Kiosk app to have the buttons you want.

I want to mount a 7" tablet in my living room over the double back box light switch.

Then have it always on with icons to turn on lights which are all hue.

Then maybe something to play Spotify and have it chrome cast to avr.

Anyone done anything like this? Was thinking of using a fire tab so has Alexa ability too but looks like only 10" fire tab as handsfree Alexa control.

Main issue would be finding a mount that can go over light switches and hiding power cable. Seen some mains to USB converters I'm assuming can take live feed from light switch?

Any comments, ideas or suggestions please let me know.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

There is an app called powergrid that I use for Elite dangerous but that needs a pc running the server part, you can create your own button config to suit your needs. Configure each buttons function using macros.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think you'd be easier just to buy alexa enabled switches..... something like this

There are loads of other touch switches available

I'm looking to do something similar with my old iPad 2, haven't even thought about the on screen issues yet, biggest problem so far is a nice looking practical wall mount, something that will hide the 30 pin connector also. Something like this iWalldock™ Fixed for iPad® would be dream option but crazy money for a piece of pressed plastic. I keep an eye here to see if anyone has any good ideas.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Already have the ability to turn lights on and off using Alexa just fancied a little project with wall. Mounted Tablet having thought about it il probably park this as I'm now waiting for the release of some proper Philips hue light switches.

Already have the ability to turn lights on and off using Alexa just fancied a little project with wall. Mounted Tablet having thought about it il probably park this as I'm now waiting for the release of some proper Philips hue light switches.

Would be cool to integrate your idea in to a raspberry pi 'magic' mirror type thing?

Always wanted to do a magic mirror but don't think I have the wood working skill to pull it off.

Back