!!!!! Restore 250 To Origional Firmware !!!!!

I never had to..... Don't understand why it's not working for you.....

Have you tried both SoftJTAG's?

:)

Hi all :Clap:
After reading this a few times im cofused
First i cant get softjtag to work
Says connecting then times out and closes
yes i havre installed both progs netframe3 and all before were already on my comp
Now to the confusing part
Is this for an untouched modem or 1 that has died on you
Since im guessing the last firmware update wiped the p option

Says connecting then times out and closes

Try the other SoftJTAG as I found one didn't work or time out when the other did.

Is this for an untouched modem or 1 that has died on you

Neither, lol. It's for a 250 modem that has had it's FW changed from Origional to something else. This will help you get it back to Origional ;)

You may want to recheck the bold items in the guide as I have just updated them with a no-update command that should stop your modem from updating to the latest locked FW.

How long it will last before they block old FW from accessing the net, or they decide to force update the modems is anyone's guess. But it should give you the chance to change your MAC for the time being should you need to.

I say should as I have not had time to test this myself. I have however had good reports back from it! If this works for you please report here so other can use it.

Last edited:
for some reason the moment i go to try n download any of these files I get signed of the site. can anyone help me get the files required

cheers
chris

Tick the 'Remember Me' box when you sign in, it should sort the problem out for the time being ;)

that let me get files m8 nice 1

however i keep getting timeout error after softjtag estabalishes connection u any ideas m8

Have you still got the 'P' option when you connect via your terminal program? If that's gone the FW may be locked.

no p m8

after reading some more posts i'm confused am i supposed to be soldering my max 232 to the modem if so where

or using the plug onto the pins as per the old way

Cheers
Chris

I've got no p option coming up on my ambit 255, however my mac still works although it's a bund03, its only connecting at 2 meg. Any ideas why?

i tried to softjtag using the one thats labelled "SoftJTAG SB5101 Ambit250" but when I click connect, it says:

Connecting to modem...please wait
Connection established

I noticed that this comes up whether I have the modem connected or not as I took out the max cable and re-ran it and it stilll came up as connecting... I then recieved an Unhandled exception error from .NET Framework.

Anyone got any ideas?

I've got no p option coming up on my ambit 255, however my mac still works although it's a bund03, its only connecting at 2 meg. Any ideas why?

The customer could of dropped there speed down to 2MB so the MAC could no longer be a 20MB.

i tried to softjtag using the one thats labelled "SoftJTAG SB5101 Ambit250" but when I click connect, it says:

Connecting to modem...please wait
Connection established

I noticed that this comes up whether I have the modem connected or not as I took out the max cable and re-ran it and it stilll came up as connecting... I then recieved an Unhandled exception error from .NET Framework.

Anyone got any ideas?

Try the other SoftJTAG, Failing that I don't think it will work on the 255 :(

Hey :), I've been asked to do a 250 and after installing:
.NET Framework 2.0 & Visual J# Version 2.0
I lost the use of Ambit Hyperterminal! it was loading before i installed .NET Framework 2.0 & Visual J# Version 2.0 so what can i do now?
Any advice please.

Clive.

Ive done a reboot and now its asking which application to start Ambit HT ?
Anyone? . . no? . . Dust.
lol.

Clive.

The customer could of dropped there speed down to 2MB so the MAC could no longer be a 20MB.

Try the other SoftJTAG, Failing that I don't think it will work on the 255 :(

I think the mac has changed itself :S It appears to be different although I cant quite remember what the mac that was on it before is. Perhaps thats why its gone down to 2mb.

I've tried both SoftJTAG's. It should work because the only difference between the 250 and 255 is the black case and the fact that the 255 doesnt have a usb port.

Also, I tested to see why the error keeps coming up, the exception error appears whether I have the max cable connected to the modem or not. So appears to be a bug in the code perhaps?

Ive done a reboot and now its asking which application to start Ambit HT ?
lol.

Clive.

WTF lol

Try downloading Teraterm Pro instead ;)

Also, I tested to see why the error keeps coming up, the exception error appears whether I have the max cable connected to the modem or not. So appears to be a bug in the code perhaps?

I've had this a few times on locked modems. As long as you have the MAX cable connected the software seems to think it's connected. But if it was going to connect it would do as I tried switching between a locked FW 250 and an unlocked one to test it.

Doesn't look like it's going to work for you i'm afraid.....

Does that mean I have a brick? Is the only way around this to lift the chip cos I havent a clue how to even go about doing that lol.

Does that mean I have a brick? Is the only way around this to lift the chip cos I havent a clue how to even go about doing that lol.

If you don't have the 'P' option, and you can't lift the chip and reflash it your best bet would be to get a Surfboard 5101 off FleaBay.

The reasons for this are 2 fold.

1) It can run the 250 FW and can easily be JTAG'ed in the fututre should it get bricked.

2) If you buy another 250 there's no way to tell till it arrives that that FW is not also locked too.....

Back