!!!!! Restore 250 To Origional Firmware !!!!!

how do you enter commands when flashed with 250.bin?
i seem to be locked out.

do i have to flash again with sb5100e.bin
after flashing with 250.bin?

Last edited:
how do you enter commands when flashed with 250.bin?
i seem to be locked out.
do i have to flash again with sb5100e.bin
after flashing with 250.bin?

That's right, I left a link at the bottom of my guide to adam's tutorial so you can change your MAC ;)

Make sure for adam's guide you press 'G' Download and run from ram, and not 'D' download and save to flash

:)

With regards to forcing the config I guess that depends on whether your area has taken the dynamic config hit yet as forcing a config will then give you away.
Would be safer to not force on IMO. ;)
Thanks for that m8 :)

dynamic configs here telepest L/pool so carnt force , so does that mean i DO NOT have to write aconfig file to modem .
Also will this make the modem more visable to them as they DO NOT issue these modems in this area ....

dynamic configs here telepest L/pool so carnt force , so does that mean i DO NOT have to write aconfig file to modem .
Also will this make the modem more visable to them as they DO NOT issue these modems in this area ....

That's right as if you force a config, when your modem requests it the config will not exist and you will not get online.

When following adam's guide after mine if you do not want to force a config file then do the following where you enter commands in place of what adam put in his guide:

cd cm
scan_s
cd \
cd n\h
mac_address 1 00:00:00:00:00:00 <----- Needs to be a working MAC
mac_address 2 00:00:00:00:00:01 <----- Working MAC +1
usb_mac 00:00:00:00:00:01 <----- Working MAC +1
cd \
cd n\snmp
docsDevSerialNumber 000000000000 <----- Same as MAC without ':'
cd \
cd n\d
enable bpi false
enable force_cfgfile false
write

Then reboot your modem ;)

I would say Yes to that !!

I had a infinite flashed modem and restored it back to it NTL image with no problem

I had to first flash bootloader then the 250 image

100 %

Happy Bunny ..
:banana:

Cheers for the good work Monkey :)

Icon

hello m8, just want to thank you for this fix m8 it fully works.

by the way i didnt set the frequency it automatically found the channels... does this mean we wont need to set frequency anymore. thanks

I thought the title explained it all, plus peeps saying it worked, but yes you can now go from Infinite to Origional ;)

@ geeuk

The origional FW works in any area. You don't need to set the frequency it will find it.

Just needed you to confirm it mate, thanks:>

yep i used this and flashed from infinitie back to original. i then couldnt get the part to work when changing in adams tut

cd n\h
cd \

just come up unknown command so im back to infinitie lol

yep i used this and flashed from infinitie back to original. i then couldnt get the part to work when changing in adams tut
cd n\h
cd \
just come up unknown command so im back to infinitie lol

You need to put the following:

cd cm <----- change directory
scan_s <----- Stop channel scan
cd \ <----- Goto root

Then try the commands above ;)

i just done this on a epc 2100 which had a really dodgy chip and wasnt saving anything... it fully works but you only have 1 light flashing lol

i just done this on a epc 2100 which had a really dodgy chip and wasnt saving anything... it fully works but you only have 1 light flashing lol
u will get only 1 light if u flash the 250image to the webstar (select d in the main menu ) instead of (selecting g in the main menu) running it from the ram

Infinite still ok for me as of this morning! Was up and down 1 week ago, but been solid since! Just changed default User and pass after my 1st one was bricked

Back