[Request] lcd dvd combi

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Im looking for a 17"/19" lcd dvd combi for my kids room gotta be widescreen and have built in dvd,not fussed on make really as the kids aint as fussy as me lol
anyone know of any good deals ?
cheers :)

Rat

i was looking around for things like this a couple of weeks ago and found argos to be reasonable, they have 15" one with inbuilt dvd player for £199 and then the price and size goes up

goodmans 19" 299.99
acoustic solutions 20" 349.99
bush 20" 399.99

personally i went for one with freeview and bought a clearance dvd recorder with 160gb hard drive from richer sounds worked out at £510.00.

if you buy the halfprice wall bracket with the one from argos replace the plastic washer with metal one as we found they just squished when tightening and would not hold the lcd in place, the metal washers we replaced them with worked a treat.

hope this helps

ps if you decide to go for a freeview one look at these,

argos item 529/0530
wharfedale
17" lcd
pc input
2 scart
digital
freeview

compare this to

argos item 529/0592
wharfedale
20" lcd
pc input
1 scart
freeview
and if you look in the details it also says digital.

so your practically gettting the same tv with 1 less scart for the same price but 20" instead of 17"

TB

Last edited:
cheers :)
to be honest its the dvd inbuilt I want coz its for the kids room and its dvd's they watch
I would go for a normal tv but the boys room is a box room and space is very tight
just got a flyer from Comet and there doing one for £299 down from £399 and it has a better resolution than the goodmans from argos :)

HERE

Back