Replay Box Review

thomson said:
cheers mate :)

how do you find the picture fit ?? perfect of what ?? no cropping etc, and also, is it a true widescreen tv you have, if not then i suppose you wont really be able to answer the question with 100% accuracy ??

p.s
is there a fully functioning AU image for the replay box and is it possible to enter the keys in manually if needed (like the eurovox2).

p.p.s, sorry for yet another edit, but heres my questions from before that you forgot to answer mate >>>

Also, if it does have the true 16:9 option, if you have a true widescreen tv, please select this option and tell us if it fits the screen perfectly, no black bands at top or bottom of screen, and no cropping at the sides of screen, best way to check cropping is to look at the adverts and things between tv programmes, they lots of time have words (text) and things on screen, and if the picture gets cropped the words get cropped etc, so you only see parts of words etc at the sides of the screen, iam sure you know what i mean.

And, regarding the hard drive install, when you say "you mount the rails", what do you mean exactly by that ? and is the cable's that plug into the hard drive already hooked up in the replay box, just a case of plugging them into hard drive ?? and is the hard drive an IDE hard drive ?

hello m8, tv is true widescreen its a 42" toshiba rear projection TV, there no black bands and no writing is cropped! picture fits the screen perfect. it gives out 16:9 picture by default none of the pictures are stretched or anything. quality is top.

the image does auto update perfectly as we speak it look like NTHELL have done a keyroll in my area and no probs, last week friday it auto updated no probs. so i can confirm 100% AU works! and IF u ever need to input the keys manually u can do so.

ok, u get 2 drive railes which u screw in to the hard drive and then mount the hard drive inside with 4 screws, im sure theres pics in the big RAR file i first posted. the small IDE cable comes seperate which u attach to the HD first then on the board inside. there is a molex power connector inside also.

I sincerely apologise if i missed out anything

hoep that helps.

elite786 said:
hello m8, tv is true widescreen its a 42" toshiba rear projection TV, there no black bands and no writing is cropped! picture fits the screen perfect. it gives out 16:9 picture by default none of the pictures are stretched or anything. quality is top.

the image does auto update perfectly as we speak it look like NTHELL have done a keyroll in my area and no probs, last week friday it auto updated no probs. so i can confirm 100% AU works! and IF u ever need to input the keys manually u can do so.

ok, u get 2 drive railes which u screw in to the hard drive and then mount the hard drive inside with 4 screws, im sure theres pics in the big RAR file i first posted. the small IDE cable comes seperate which u attach to the HD first then on the board inside. there is a molex power connector inside also.

I sincerely apologise if i missed out anything

hoep that helps.

so, the power cable for hard drive is supplied and already connected to the motherboard and a small IDE cable is needed, when you say "small ide", what do ya mean ?? i thought ide cables were all the same ? show me what one it is on this site mate >> http://www.i2motion.co.uk/cables.htm

cheers :Cheers:

thomson said:
so, the power cable for hard drive is supplied and already connected to the motherboard and a small IDE cable is needed, when you say "small ide", what do ya mean ?? i thought ide cables were all the same ? show me what one it is on this site mate >> http://www.i2motion.co.uk/cables.htm

sorry mate for not being clear AGAIN LOL! reading that many posts! the IDE cable was supplied with my box its about 10cm long. all is supplied the molex power connector comes straight off the power supply board inside.

:)

thanks elite786 for all the info you have provided and sorting me out!
also, i must say i'm impressed with the box in general.

Last edited:
elite786 said:
sorry mate for not being clear AGAIN LOL! reading that many posts! the IDE cable was supplied with my box its about 10cm long. all is supplied the molex power connector comes straight off the power supply board inside.

:)

Thanks elite786 for all your information, i have ordered mine from datageeks, should be here within few days. Just a quick question regarding the channels, do you have to sort out the channels like in dbox (bouquets), are they scanned alphabeticly, and if so is it easy to sort out the channels i.e bbc1, then bbc2 so on.... and also locking the adult channels.

thanks in advance

bashi007 said:
Thanks elite786 for all your information, i have ordered mine from datageeks, should be here within few days. Just a quick question regarding the channels, do you have to sort out the channels like in dbox (bouquets), are they scanned alphabeticly, and if so is it easy to sort out the channels i.e bbc1, then bbc2 so on.... and also locking the adult channels.

thanks in advance

Hello m8, its not quite as advanced as the Dbox, u do have the option to list them alphabetically and create favourites but ur not able to group them like the dbox. ive taken a few pics have a look at the big rar file that attached in my first post.

that will give u a indication to what u can expect when uhave urs up and running.

if u have any questions let me know.

cheers, ur gonna love it!

elite786 said:
There ya go mate, i hope its what ur looking for. i aplogise for the crap pics i only have a camera fone at the momemt.

screenshot of both 4:3 and 16:9 options selected. u have a single button on the remote and when u press it, it flicks thru the different screen modes.

just to verify, when you say theres a button that selects between 4.3 and 16.9, you do mean on the replay box remote and not your tv remote, correct ???

reason why iam just double/treble checking this is cause it very important to me mate, thanks.

scott-ayling said:
yes mate the button is on the replay box remote
i take it that you have a replay box then mate ?? if so, how do you find the 16:9 option if you have a true widescreen tv ?? any cropping etc ?

or if you dont have the box etc iam sure someone else will answer who does, cheers mate :Cheers:

yes mate i have a 28" widescreen lcd tv and get no cropping im really impressed with this box

thomson said:
i take it that you have a replay box then mate ?? if so, how do you find the 16:9 option if you have a true widescreen tv ?? any cropping etc ?

or if you dont have the box etc iam sure someone else will answer who does, cheers mate :Cheers:

hello m8, no cropping when u select 16:9 on the replay remote and ur tv is widescreen.

:Cheers:

good stuff, ive got my cracking wee eurovox2 here which is just about perfect, only thing i dont like is the lack of the 16:9 option with eurovox2, but it wouldnt bother most people, its just that iam always looking for perfection, lol :(, maybe they are working on software to fix this issue, if they are then i would most certainly keep my current box but if not then i think i'll go for replay.

anyway, i will probably sell it and go for the replay box after the new year, i will see what happens.

thomson said:
good stuff, ive got my cracking wee eurovox2 here which is just about perfect, only thing i dont like is the lack of the 16:9 option with eurovox2, but it wouldnt bother most people, its just that iam always looking for perfection, lol :(, maybe they are working on software to fix this issue, if they are then i would most certainly keep my current box but if not then i think i'll go for replay.

anyway, i will probably sell it and go for the replay box after the new year, i will see what happens.

i know what u mean mate! i ad a hardtime adjusting from the dbox when mines died! vox was ok, replay was better! keep me posted on how things progress. might be able to get u a good deal on a replaybox mate so u might not have to save that much lol.

if i dont catch ya before the weekend merry xmas m8! have a goodun!

elite786 said:
i know what u mean mate! i ad a hardtime adjusting from the dbox when mines died! vox was ok, replay was better! keep me posted on how things progress. might be able to get u a good deal on a replaybox mate so u might not have to save that much lol.

if i dont catch ya before the weekend merry xmas m8! have a goodun!

tell me more about the replay deals mate, i would possibly be interested in one with a hard-drive pre installed if the price is right ?

thomson said:
tell me more about the replay deals mate, i would possibly be interested in one with a hard-drive pre installed if the price is right ?

Hello m8, no worries. know wot u mean about cashflow! still looking for work got made redundant few months ago, finding it hard to find work!

Last edited:
elite786 said:
Hello m8, i thought id drop u a PM. the replaybox i can get to for £155 delivered. to you flashed and if u want hard drive fitted already for u plug in, scan and play! im going to pick 1 up for my mom and my uncle if i buy a third i get em for £149+£6 P&P what size hard drive are u after? i can order one in for u and put it together if u want? or i can send u the barebones and u can built it urself.

ive got u on my msn list so if u wanna have a chat hop on. or email me if im not there.
sorry mate, you go ahead and get yours, iam going to wait until well after new year to let the spare cash flow again, lol, i was just wondering what kinda deals you were meaning, thanks for the offer and the info anyway matey :)

Hello m8, no worries. know wot u mean about cashflow! still looking for work got made redundant few months ago, finding it hard to find work!

and now liams gone and taken pics of his TINY dreambox, i want 1 of those now.

thanks alot liam! lol

:BLOBBY: :BLOBBY: :BLOBBY:

Back